National Airlines (ex-Murray Air YIP);Discuss

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to
Quote: The 747s aren't theirs. They're chartering (Air Atlantic?) from Iceland.
They're owned by the same owner of NAL, but not on the cert. yet.
Quote: They're owned by the same owner of NAL, but not on the cert. yet.
That is correct. Check out their web site, www.nationalirlines.aero to get an update on the 757/747 FAA certification. Meanwhile, operating under the Air Atlanta certificate until certification. But the aircraft are owned by the corporation.
Hi I justed joined and this is my first post so please go easy on me.......

What is the total story?

Long to short I'm in the running for stuff and have been for about 6 months. The latest update I got was that once the 757 proving runs started, I might get the call. Was told the proving runs were slated for the end of February and I watched for anything. Unfortunately I didn't see a single flight and have even noticed the DC-8 flying seems to have dropped to just being a hot spare for ATI ops in TOL. I know the 747-400s are plying their trade but like was talked about above, they are not on NCR's certificate.

It can easily be assumed that the 757 STC for combi configuration is probably the hold up but whats going on? When I interviewed, they had the 757 AFM already at the FSDO and the ETOPS manual written and waiting. I really want to get the call because they have a really solid business plan and it seems like management is really committed to this.

Thanks!
Quote: Check out their web site, www.nationalirlines.aero
Fixed it for ya, www.nationalairlines.aero
Quote: It can easily be assumed that the 757 STC for combi configuration is probably the hold up but whats going on? When I interviewed, they had the 757 AFM already at the FSDO and the ETOPS manual written and waiting. I really want to get the call because they have a really solid business plan and it seems like management is really committed to this.

Thanks!
The FSDO seems to be the hold up, I'd be curious, when did you interview?
Quote: The FSDO seems to be the hold up, I'd be curious, when did you interview?
The position I applied for is in my username with the chance to "maybe" fly right seat in a few years and this was back in late September.
I applied back in Sept. also, no answer. Ex-ATA typed in B-757/767
saw one of their 400s in OMSJ this afternoon.
Bump......

Was wondering if anyone has heard anything new? Their DC-8-73 just came out of a major overhaul/check and is back flying. Seen some activity again from the DC-8's over the past month. No 757 proving runs seen though.
Proving runs start the first of May.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to