Jetblue and ALPA election

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 14
Go to
I am hoping that the silent majority at JetBlue is about to speak up by voting NO to ALPA. There is a minority group (I hope) that wants to vote in ALPA and they are making lots of noise right now in hopes of getting everyone on that train. Don't let the wreckless judgement of a small group decide our fate and future of this airline. We are better off handling our issues with management directly, electing ALPA as our union is not the answer here. I speak from experience and I have been employed by 4 previous ALPA carriers and they didn't protect my job against mergers, layoffs, out-sourcing, etc. As a matter of fact, they allowed it and I lost my job three different times. Let this serve as a wake up call to Senior Management that we need to resolve the few issues on the table, or next time it could be a reality. We have a very educated pilot group here and I hope that most everyone here realizes that ALPA is not the answer to solve our issues at hand. Ask yourself the question, "Is it that bad here that we need to vote in ALPA?" Take a look at the other ALPA union carriers. Do they seem happy to you? Do they have it better than us? I personally don't think so. ALPA is losing ground and they are desperate to get on our property...don't let them! VOTE NO! We can always bring them in later if need be, let's use this opportunity to our advantage.
Come on man. Who is going to pay for their 5 star hotel meetings, 9 course dinners, $2500,- car allovance, Suite in DC, enormous salaries, etc, etc when we (DAL) elect DPA and let ALPA go? Somebody has to pay for all their luxury. As for helping Joe pilot, we all know how interested they are in doing that.

Best of luck to all of you !

And if you didn't get the above joke, just put an X next to the "NO" sign on your ballot.
Well put, I think that speaks volumes!
Wait foir it! Wait for it! In 3... 2... 1..., here come the demands and arguing from the pro ALPA v. independent "dump ALPA" crowd.

Move the thread now before the food fight you moderator types.
If there is a merger in your future, you would be better protected with ANY union on property. I'm no fan of ALPA though, they did exactly nothing worthwhile for me in the 8 years they represented me.
well that's a maybe as far as a merger...that doesn't warrant voting in ALPA due to fearing a possible merger.
Quote: If there is a merger in your future, you would be better protected with ANY union on property. I'm no fan of ALPA though, they did exactly nothing worthwhile for me in the 8 years they represented me.
Does Bond-McCaskill not apply to JetBlue pilots?

Carl
Quote: well that's a maybe as far as a merger...that doesn't warrant voting in ALPA due to fearing a possible merger.
You are clueless my friend. Good luck to any pilot group in today's industry without union representation.
Quote: Does Bond-McCaskill not apply to JetBlue pilots?

Carl
Hhmmm, maybe not. Who would represent the JBLU pilots in arbitration without a collective agent?

Roll them dice baby.
I didn't say we don't need a union...I said we don't need ALPA as a union. I will fully support an in house union. I know that was tried several years ago and didn't pass. However, these are different times and I believe this time, an in house union would pass with a large majority. Since everyone likes to look at SWA as an example, look what they have achieved with there in house union. They have far better work rules, pay, productivity, and working relationships than any other ALPA, APA, Teamsters Union Airline.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 14
Go to