Atlas 767 Finally has some routes not rumors

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Do you think the Atlas crewed 767s will replace the Astar DC-8s?
They do run 5 DC-8s for them. Are these 767's the old TWA birds that have been sitting in ILN for the last few years? I know AMES just signed on to do their Heavy Mx to get them ready to head to Israel for conversion. Because I know DHL owns them, or are they being taken from ABX? I think they had a few on month to month leases that we not in the main 13 bird contract.
Quote: Too bad a higher paying contractor like ABX, who is already operating 767s for DHL, or Astar, who needs a bone thrown their way, didn't get that.
Just wait till November.
Quote: Just wait till November.

What happens in November?
130-150 clock hours a month per plane? I hope they find something to do with them the other 19 hours a day.
Yes they are the 5 P&W powered TWA birds parked at ILN.
What percentage of Atlas newhires are now getting trained (or will soon get trained) on the 767? What about rumors of adding more 767s for MAC passenger charters?
Quote: Do you think the Atlas crewed 767s will replace the Astar DC-8s?
I have no idea. Astar's been working without a net ever since the contract of 2007, and without the support of DHL since before that, so the ball's in their court. I guess the question is; Is DHL forcasting enough growth in the next 12 months to warrant a 60% increase in their domestic air service?

If not, I guess you have your answer. If so, I wonder where that business is coming from, and what UPS and FedEx might have to say about it.
Quote: And for the Astar guys, both former and current, who've been waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Th-THUNK!
The shoes dropped on you a long time ago Jim.
Quote: What percentage of Atlas newhires are now getting trained (or will soon get trained) on the 767? What about rumors of adding more 767s for MAC passenger charters?
This is all covered under the Hiring News tab then select Atlas Air Hiring. I don't know about what the percentage is but every F.O. on the 767 is slated to be a Newhire according to the latest bid.
Ironically...
Quote: "ATSG, the company that owns ABX, already got hit when BAX announced recently the cancellation other contracts with Capitol and ATI. ...
Maybe what they have done is look at the financials and have concerns about ATSG's long term ability to provide cost efficient (read newer aircraft) lift."
And yet their stock did'nt tank but ours did today
Quote:
"...Customers like to see shiny, new, fuel efficient aircraft and maybe what DHL is doing is spreading out their exposure among carriers instead of putting all the eggs in ATSG's basket... "
UMMM Yeeeaaahhh...that's why we're flying their junk - the oldest 5 dog planes with those engines!
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to