Sun Country

Subscribe
47  87  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  107  147 
Page 97 of 155
Go to
I doubt they would negotiate early, if they’re not having issues with staffing. Sounds like the new management wants to mirror Spirit, but I’m not sure MSP will support a ULCC.
Quote: I doubt they would negotiate early, if they’re not having issues with staffing. Sounds like the new management wants to mirror Spirit, but I’m not sure MSP will support a ULCC.
How would it not support a ULCC? Minneapolis is literally a huge city that have a lot of people who moved there from other places for jobs. A ton of people are wanting to vacation and get out of the cold. And there is the tri-state area as well where a lot of cheap people live and they literally will buy the cheapest ticket. ULCC is the perfect model for this area.
Has anyone seen SEA overnights in trips at all?
Recent new hires, how long did you wait between interview and job offer?
Quote: Got the offer for the job and accepted. That was several weeks ago how long should it take to hear from HR to start the pre-employment paperwork. Haven't gotten a set training date yet either. Just July, anyone hear what date they are planning?
How long did you wait between interview and offer?
Quote: Has anyone seen SEA overnights in trips at all?
They have been SEA overnights in the past. Perhaps there will be some in the next bid.
Hey guys. Any word if they will cover hotels in the future for training? That’s about the only thing that is stopping me from coming. I’lll be commuting from TPA. Not sure if this is a commuter friendly airline. Sounds like reserve is long and the trips get back late or start early.
Quote: Hey guys. Any word if they will cover hotels in the future for training? That’s about the only thing that is stopping me from coming. I’lll be commuting from TPA. Not sure if this is a commuter friendly airline. Sounds like reserve is long and the trips get back late or start early.
There is no talk of training hotels. SY is an incredibly hard airline to commute for. There is zero consideration for commuters here.
Quote: There is no talk of training hotels. SY is an incredibly hard airline to commute for. There is zero consideration for commuters here.
I wouldn't say that. I'm a commuter and got hired, granted I only live several hours away from MSP so not as bad as a lot, but I still catch flights in. Also there are several guys that got hired and are commuting. I know there are 3 at least in class right now that have crash pads during training.
Quote: I wouldn't say that. I'm a commuter and got hired, granted I only live several hours away from MSP so not as bad as a lot, but I still catch flights in. Also there are several guys that got hired and are commuting. I know there are 3 at least in class right now that have crash pads during training.
Maybe I should clarify. No commuter clause. Trips that start early and end late. Lots of turns (more in the winter). Inefficient multi day trips. Training can literally be placed anywhere in your 3 months to get it done meaning 1 day off 2 days of training 1 day off with uncommutable trips on either end. If you have a month to month carryover conflict the company can will give you one day off. If you want to be released on a front end dead head you will have to send multiple emails. If you’re on reserve you might break guarantee in March, that’s about it. You can ask scheduling to fly you but they won’t. Plan on commuting up for your 10 days off a month and flying 5 of those days. If you’re on reserve you can plan on flying a turn on your last day. No long call. I’m sure I’m missing more.

Catching flights up to MSP is the easy thing. The rest of commuting for SY is not.
47  87  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  107  147 
Page 97 of 155
Go to