Silver Airways

Subscribe
380  430  470  476  477  478  479  480  481  482  483  484  490  530  580 
Page 480 of 683
Go to
Just curious, how many FOs do we have that are short on the 1000 121sic time that's required in order to bid for the staffing that would otherwise be able to hold CA? I imagine our seniority list getting even smaller when upgrades are snatched right of their hands...
Quote: I see the seniority list every month there really isn't much change.
Looking at it month to month there won't be much of a change.

Looking long term. Lots of movement.

Between the last bid pack before I went on leave this summer and the December bid pack, I've jumped 20 numbers - roughly 4 a month.

Compared to the same time last year when I only moved up about 8 spots, I'd say the change is there.

Attrition above my seniority has roughly doubled from this time last year... who knows about attrition below me.
Quote: Looking at it month to month there won't be much of a change.

Looking long term. Lots of movement.

Between the last bid pack before I went on leave this summer and the December bid pack, I've jumped 20 numbers - roughly 4 a month.

Compared to the same time last year when I only moved up about 8 spots, I'd say the change is there.

Attrition above my seniority has roughly doubled from this time last year... who knows about attrition below me.
To be fair though that was myself and the other senior FO's above the DEC's leaving to other regionals. More than half my class is now gone that's 5-6 right there. That's why you've moved up as much as you have. Sure all the DEC's have their resumes/Apps in at majors but who doesn't? Last year us FO 'a thought we would be closer to upgrade or the company in a better situation nothing changed and some chose to leave. In reality the FO's leaving has really IMO put a bind on the company especially guys that have the required 1000 121 required to upgrade.
If things keep going the way they are I wouldn't be surprised if you see more DEC not just here but at other carriers with massive rapid captain attrition. The new ATP rule dropping for college grads helps but if attrition is quick enough that 1000 121 for upgrade is really guna rustle up these low tier regionals. This is all my worthless opinion though
Silver Airways
Since starting in July 2012 and the latest bid pack, I've moved up 51 numbers. That's roughly 3 numbers a month. The sooner the Company realizes that they aren't competing against Great Lakes and Commutair, the better off they'll be.
Something no one has mentioned but I think is also a large factor. The list shrinks every month (226 total last month, 224 total this month) and this has been the case for several months, all while running at least one class a month. They can't hire as fast as we loose guys. That's not good for anyone, FO upgrades, the company, growth expectations etc. I believe the new management coming in wants and is attempting to right the ship but they have two major problems on their hands. This company must grow to become profitable, however is unable to even entertain the idea of growth right now do to not being able to hire and keep guys. I hate to say but this may be the dagger in the heart to the guys wanting upgrade. You can't upgrade if you can't fill the right seat...
At 224 pilots this month, we are technically overstaffed per the staffing bid
I am going to be about 5 hours short for the required 1,000 121, and I wasn't going to be able to even bid for upgrade, and I heard anyone claiming they have the 1,000 and don't, will be fired for lying on a government document, no matter how short they are.
Quote: I am going to be about 5 hours short for the required 1,000 121, and I wasn't going to be able to even bid for upgrade, and I heard anyone claiming they have the 1,000 and don't, will be fired for lying on a government document, no matter how short they are.
Five hours short?

Solution: Pick up open time ASAP.
Quote: I am going to be about 5 hours short for the required 1,000 121, and I wasn't going to be able to even bid for upgrade, and I heard anyone claiming they have the 1,000 and don't, will be fired for lying on a government document, no matter how short they are.
Plus, what are they gonna do, audit everyone's logbook the day the staffing bid closes? I doubt it. Apply a little bit of common sense and you'll be fine.
380  430  470  476  477  478  479  480  481  482  483  484  490  530  580 
Page 480 of 683
Go to