Alaska Window open again

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 5 of 8
Go to
Has anyone heard when the interviews will start and when the next new hire class will be?
Quote: Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure you must be a non-smoker.
how exactly do they check that? and if it's thru urine tests... how long does tobacco take to metabolize?
I hear that urine it lasts a week. hair a month. better for yourself just to stop anyways.
Quote: I hear that urine it lasts a week. hair a month. better for yourself just to stop anyways.
Time to go bald, but watch out that will give you a smaller hat size.
Quote: I hear that urine it lasts a week. hair a month. better for yourself just to stop anyways.
Depends on how long your hair is. If you are a female and it took you five years to grow your hair and you smoked within that five years they will find it. They would not be doing hair tests for tobacco. That's a waste of money.
Quote: how exactly do they check that? and if it's thru urine tests... how long does tobacco take to metabolize?
Years ago we had a medical exam prior to class. I suspect they tested for the usual suspects. If you say you don't smoke but smoke during probation I'd expect to have some splaining to do.
Quote: Years ago we had a medical exam prior to class. I suspect they tested for the usual suspects. If you say you don't smoke but smoke during probation I'd expect to have some splaining to do.
I am surprised smoking is something a company can dictate to employees. I am not a fan of smoking, but legally, is that possible?
Quote: Depends on how long your hair is. If you are a female and it took you five years to grow your hair and you smoked within that five years they will find it. They would not be doing hair tests for tobacco. That's a waste of money.
I have been told otherwise...They take hair samples for new hires. Expensive or not, that's how they do it to keep insurance premiums low. There is no more testing after an employment offer is made.
Quote: I have been told otherwise...They take hair samples for new hires. Expensive or not, that's how they do it to keep insurance premiums low. There is no more testing after an employment offer is made.
No more testing after an employment offer is made? Awwww yeah!!

You go to the clinic, they swab your mouth. No idea how long you have to be tobaccy free to test negative. Best advice, quit before you show up.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 5 of 8
Go to