Tool of the day

Subscribe
329  379  419  425  426  427  428  429  430  431  432  433  439  479  529  929 
Page 429 of 1239
Go to
Do any of you carry a camera on board? And take pictures? I'll have my little anecdote after a few replies.
Quote: Do any of you carry a camera on board? And take pictures? I'll have my little anecdote after a few replies.
I do. Go for it!
My buddy recently flew with a captain who, upon finding out where my friend was laying over, tells him about the great time he had the last time he had a layover in that city. The captain then hands his phone to my buddy so he can see all of the cool pictures he took. My friend apparently scrolled too far and found the picture of the captain's tool. My buddy shut down the phone quickly in hopes that the two jumpseaters didn't see it. Fortunately, the captain was only flying the first turn and not the whole trip.
Quote: Do any of you carry a camera on board? And take pictures? I'll have my little anecdote after a few replies.
Gotta stay awake somehow.
Quote: My buddy recently flew with a captain who, upon finding out where my friend was laying over, tells him about the great time he had the last time he had a layover in that city. The captain then hands his phone to my buddy so he can see all of the cool pictures he took. My friend apparently scrolled too far and found the picture of the captain's tool. My buddy shut down the phone quickly in hopes that the two jumpseaters didn't see it. Fortunately, the captain was only flying the first turn and not the whole trip.

I didn't realize Anthony Weiner was a pilot.....
Quote: My buddy recently flew with a captain who, upon finding out where my friend was laying over, tells him about the great time he had the last time he had a layover in that city. The captain then hands his phone to my buddy so he can see all of the cool pictures he took. My friend apparently scrolled too far and found the picture of the captain's tool.
Perhaps that was part of the "great time" he had on the layover?

Brings a whole new dimension to "Tool of the Day."
Quote: My buddy recently flew with a captain who, upon finding out where my friend was laying over, tells him about the great time he had the last time he had a layover in that city. The captain then hands his phone to my buddy so he can see all of the cool pictures he took. My friend apparently scrolled too far and found the picture of the captain's tool. My buddy shut down the phone quickly in hopes that the two jumpseaters didn't see it. Fortunately, the captain was only flying the first turn and not the whole trip.

Yikes....

filler
You think if you had crotch shots of yourself on your cell phone you wouldn't pass it out to fellow crew members to browse through your photo library. Methinks he wanted your buddy to see the picture. Either way nobody likes to get Anthony Weiner'd in the cockpit.

That's sounds like an interview question.....Tell me about a time your captain showed you a picture of his genitials?
Quote: I would like to see the pilot profession do away with the seniority system altogether. Pilots should be hired and promoted based on their ability and not solely on how long they have been with the company. I've flown with some captains who have no business being PIC's and I've flown with some FO's who are better than most the captains I have ever flown with.

Events such as safety violations, hard landings, or other problems should be marks on your record and a reason for the company to put a higher performing pilot ahead of you in terms of responsibility. When you get laid off from an airline, you shouldn't have to start at the bottom making crap despite your vast experience. Captains should be able to be hired off the street if their experience and ability merits it. This would eliminate a lot of the "pay your dues" philosophy. Work harder and be a better pilot and you should be promoted faster.

Almost every other professional industry in the world does it this way. Why do we need to be different?

From the UAL/CAL thread. Way to set back safety by 70 years.......
Mostly applies to passengers but pilots can do this also.

People who step out of the elevator, theater, airliner, crew bus/van, or any other confined space and stop, right in the path, to adjust something, greet a friend, orient themselves or any other idiotic activity. STEP OUT OF THE WAY! Please.
329  379  419  425  426  427  428  429  430  431  432  433  439  479  529  929 
Page 429 of 1239
Go to