US Airways Application Window Open

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 41
Go to
Couple of my friends and co-workers went to Airways in the past few months. All were in the 3500-5000+TT range, came off the RJ either as CA or very senior FOs.
95 percent of the applicant pool is more qualified than you. Believe it or not UsAirways is a major airline. PSA is hiring pilots with your qualifications
Quote: Yes I am, thanks for the heads up. Who knows. Last time I got denied pretty much right off the bat, but reapplied in this new window. A deployment under my belt and quite a bit more hours and I have gotten at least a longer look. Philly local here. Call me!!!
I was hired last year, they definitely seem to like folks who live in one of their domiciles.
I have not received the no thanks email at this point either. I think they look at mine and laugh and move on. I am a five year reserve FO from XJ/9E. I have 2700tt, 1700 Turbine. No TPIC and 750 pic. I applied because the only way you are guaranteed not to get the job is by not applying.
Quote: I have not received the no thanks email at this point either. I think they look at mine and laugh and move on. I am a five year reserve FO from XJ/9E. I have 2700tt, 1700 Turbine. No TPIC and 750 pic. I applied because the only way you are guaranteed not to get the job is by not applying.
Do you have your ATP? I think having v. not having it is a deal-breaker. Even though mins are Commercial Multi, they haven't hired anyone with less than ATP.
I’m a new hire at US Airways.

Networking or knowing someone at US Air?
No. I knew absolutely no one.

US Airways is big on an initial training in the last 5 years right now.
Initial or upgrade within the last 5 years is what they are looking for.
My last initial was 14 years ago and my last upgrade was 13 years ago.

Most guys getting hired seem to have under 5000 tt and under 1000 pic.
I had over 14,000 total time and over 9,000 jet pic.

Maybe it has to do with age as well. I read that there was some study done for a few airlines that stated hiring pilots under the age of 32 with less than 1000 pic but more than 0 pic was the most efficient for their training.
I am 48 years old.

Look guys. Who know what they are really looking for but why would I be an exception to what they are doing. I’m nobody special.

Just put your best foot forward and hope that it works out. That’s what I did.

Best of luck to all.

Quote: It's Not Strange...If Your A Military Heavy Pilot?

IE: Position KC-10 ??

Just suggesting that military pilots will get a Loooong Look before a Regional guy.....Results may be the same...maybe not....but the point is you will get a longer look.....and possibly an interview eventually...

Good Luck Either Way!
Military pilot (C-17), 5000TT, 3300PIC, told thanks but no thanks earlier this year
I applied back in August. My status still shows UNDER REVIEW…anybody hear anything?
Number of pilots to be hired?
Has anyone heard the number of pilots to be hired monthly?
Quote:
Military pilot (C-17), 5000TT, 3300PIC, told thanks but no thanks earlier this year
What the heck?... Hold out for DL to soak you up.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 41
Go to