Jet Training in Base city

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Virgin America - SFO.
Pinnacle has an MSP base and most of the trainning is MSP now.
Quote: Pinnacle has an MSP base and most of the trainning is MSP now.
While this is true. You have a better chance of getting hit by lightening, than get MSP out of training.
Eagle, DFW...well for now at least, but DFW is not going to be holdable out of training anytime soon. However we are apparently about to hire, ?? IDK. I would just be careful because logic would lead one to believe they would be furlough bait.

As others said, training is a 24/7 lifestyle for 6-8 weeks. You really want to be as far from your family and all distractions as possible.
What about prop training?
Quote: Hey folks!

I was curious if anyone could list the airlines (Major & Regional) that have there jet training/transition courses in the same city as there prospective bases? (i.e. Skywest & Express having HOU bases and training centers)

I ask because I am considering going to Regionals and due to family I would like to attend the training courses in the same city I will live/base.

Any info is appreciated, Thanks!
Seriously..... you need to rethink aviation unless you are willing to move to any number of domiciles...chance that you will be based at any specific domicile until you see it awarded.... and moreover keep that domicile very long is totally unrealistic.

Most of the Bigger regional carriers have many domiciles and frankly at the regional level if you dont live in base as a very junior FO your life will be hell. Time away from one's family is just part of the business...especially for training, if thats an issue...revaluation is in order.
*** MOD INPUT: Removed material quoted from deleted post.

Quote: I was curious if anyone could list the airlines (Major & Regional) that have there jet training/transition courses in the same city as there prospective bases? (i.e. Skywest & Express having HOU bases and training centers)
so, to make some progress here, is this your actual question (?)
a.) which airlines have a Houston base
b.) which of those airlines also train in Houston

so, if you have found the list of regional airline bases, why not outline them and then ask which of those do their training here?
You're limited to the ERJ side of Expressjet. As they are not hiring now, good luck with that. Better?
We all wanna be home as much possible. Wish in one hand and...in the other. Lemme know which one fills up first. There is my dbag contribution. You're welcome.
The initial question and following question were pretty clear. I already asked which bases do there training in the Houston area. Did you not read the entire question??
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to