"Tarnished Brass"

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
I think this should be the title of the future movie about Patraeus and General Allen! Just how many "other women" are there?
Alternate title: Bamboozled in Benghazi

Show trials of this nature often serve as a distractor, some people got laid and some people got killed. What is more important?
I've often wondered what 4 star generals are like. Alas, I only know about 4 stripe captains.
Quote: I've often wondered what 4 star generals are like. Alas, I only know about 4 stripe captains.
The perfumed princes of many stars are a different animal entirely. Normal usefulness only extends as long as they remain docile to their masters.
Quote: Alternate title: Bamboozled in Benghazi

Show trials of this nature often serve as a distractor, some people got laid and some people got killed. What is more important?
Pretty sure I'd rather get laid......

Quote: I've often wondered what 4 star generals are like. Alas, I only know about 4 stripe captains.
Not too interested in 4 star generals (although maybe I should be!) but I hear ya on the 4 stripe captains....
Quote: The perfumed princes of many stars are a different animal entirely. Normal usefulness only extends as long as they remain docile to their masters.
Not true in the case of Petraeus (and Mattis). The sense in the beltway is that the administration is actually afraid of them...cutting them free might have resulted in loose (ie honest) cannons in the media and political realms.

This situation sucks more for all of us than for Petraeus...the American people would have benefited from having that guy in a leadership role for as many years as possible.

If you ever met his wife you would understand why a high-energy guy like that might need somebody like Broadwell in his life...I'd give him an alibi on that one. He didn't actually violate any rules (no UCMJ, he's retired), other than common political sense.
Quote: Not true in the case of Petraeus (and Mattis). The sense in the beltway is that the administration is actually afraid of them...cutting them free might have resulted in loose (ie honest) cannons in the media and political realms.

This situation sucks more for all of us than for Petraeus...the American people would have benefited from having that guy in a leadership role for as many years as possible.

If you ever met his wife you would understand why a high-energy guy like that might need somebody like Broadwell in his life...I'd give him an alibi on that one. He didn't actually violate any rules (no UCMJ, he's retired), other than common political sense.
Perhaps the fear is manifest by the cutting loose and discrediting.
Any testimony by a person of such low moral standards could not possibly be taken seriously by the public. (this may be called sarcasm, if you don't spot it on your own)

I think we can be sure there is far more than meets the eye here.
I wonder how the conversations turned out with the spouses?

Ally
Quote: Not true in the case of Petraeus (and Mattis). The sense in the beltway is that the administration is actually afraid of them...cutting them free might have resulted in loose (ie honest) cannons in the media and political realms.

I guess this post is overcome by events. Yes rules were broken. Jail is a distinct possibility. But it is all that guy who made the videos fault.
Quote: I guess this post is overcome by events. Yes rules were broken. Jail is a distinct possibility. But it is all that guy who made the videos fault.

I haven't heard of any rules broken by Petraeus, other than media allusions to possible security violations due to "pillow talk". Jail?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to