Air Wisconsin

Subscribe
296  346  386  392  393  394  395  396  397  398  399  400  406  446  496 
Page 396 of 676
Go to
Quote: 17 day trip. Fastest way to a divorce.
Doesn't Atlas give you tickets to and from home?
Not necessarily. Although it does present its own unique set of challenges for a relationship. Before coming to 121 I worked for a company that I could be on the road for anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. It would suck at times, but then having 3 weeks to 2 months off straight while collecting a paycheck was pretty awesome too.
Which may be a blessing for some! FREEDOM!!! 😆
Soooooooo of, how will this displacement work. The guys and gals in lga get to pick where they go and based on their seniority that's where they go. I saw on the displacement notification no positions were available on any other bases. How do we know how many will go to dc, phl, and orf?
Thanks for clarification.
Sometimes, but also means 13-14 days straight at home and you are actually able to do some other stuff besides commute back and forth or start worrying about your next trip the day after you get home. I like the two weeks on, two off schedule myself but to each their own.
Quote: Doesn't Atlas give you tickets to and from home?
They do, but on their terms. Any flights to and from your home to your base are imputed income, so you could lose big bucks on expensive commutes like WAS-HSV. As a point of clarification, if the company needs you to start or end a trip anywhere outside your base, the commute is paid for and not imputed, plus business or better if international, so not a bad deal.

As for assigned base commuting, just because they will pay for it, doesn't mean you have to or even want to do that. You can still jumpseat on your own terms too.
Quote: It's wide open. 30 seats available, zero listed.
Thanks a lot.
If you don't live in base, Atlas flies you between your Gateway and wherever it is they want you to start/end your trip.

I am on a two-month line: They have 3 patterns (trips). 1st was 10 days, this one is 17 days, third pattern is 6 days. I have done quite a few 3,4,5 day trips. One 1 day, and a couple of 2 day trips. If you have a reserve line, you can be extended up to 3 days, so it could be longer than 17 work days. If you gateway to/from your base, it is on your days off. It it is to somewhere else, it is on your work days. My first pattern started/ended in ANC. This pattern it is ORD. Next pattern starts/ends in CVG.
Thanks for the info atpcliff.
Quote: Thanks for the info atpcliff.
I got to think atlas pay and QOL is better than any regional we all work for
296  346  386  392  393  394  395  396  397  398  399  400  406  446  496 
Page 396 of 676
Go to