FDX Altimetry

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
Quote: Hi Max,Happy Easter from Seoul,...I just woke up, did I miss something??
fbh
I see ya figured it out. Happy Easter back to ya
The lady driving bus 456 last Friday pm told me that the MEM POI was kept out of the loop. She thought it was a bad idea too.
Soooo...were too many 777 guys gooning this up on the CLOE?
Quote:
Quote: Ygbsm
Yes, because a few clowns don't understand the rules we are all in diapers again! It's like the ones that ask "to what altitude are we cleared to" when told to descend via the XYZ Arrival.
Rarely flying domestically I found the now "old" procedure of setting QNH when cleared below TL more confusing than helpful, especially on arrivals with descend via clearances. Added another layer of mental gymnastics when it's really just simpler to wait for the FL180 and call for the checklist. It's why most airlines have a inrange checklist at FL180.
Quote:
It's why most airlines have a inrange checklist at FL180.

Really? Which airlines have an inrange checklist at FL180? Be specific.

Since you know about most airlines ...

Quote:
Either procedure or chart set pays the same...

Until you're searching for the way to get to the performance module because your assigned airplane has a Jeppesen EFB, and the PATs have been removed, and it's 15 minutes to scheduled push time, and you've never seen the Jepp EFB before, but it's all you've got.

Yeah, it pays the same, but now you're under the gun to block out on time, and don't compromise safety. Oh, and when you get airborne, I hope you can figure out how to make those enroute charts useful.

I got to use the Jepp EFB last week in the airplane for the first time.

In a word -- Unsatisfactory.

My first ASAP report.

The Jepp EFB, specifically the plan route function, is beyond ridiculous. Loading a long flight is a chore that should pay override.
Worse than the actual product is the way it has been introduced for use here. "OK, this will be great! Do a quick LMS and we'll give you a 'quick start' guide (that is pages and pages long) just to be extra safe."
A less than stellar product just kind of thrown out there for use.
I can tell you that the very experienced captain and I were much less situationally aware on our short legs through Europe because neither of us had the time to figure out all the details of loading the route.
Quote:

Absolutely agree!
Quote: Until you're searching for the way to get to the performance module because your assigned airplane has a Jeppesen EFB, and the PATs have been removed, and it's 15 minutes to scheduled push time, and you've never seen the Jepp EFB before, but it's all you've got.

Yeah, it pays the same, but now you're under the gun to block out on time, and don't compromise safety. Oh, and when you get airborne, I hope you can figure out how to make those enroute charts useful.

I got to use the Jepp EFB last week in the airplane for the first time.

My first ASAP report.

Don't you read the hangar. It is all your fault for only doing the LMS.
I remember sitting through a one-day stand up class just to fly L-888.....
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to