FDX - Offsite Training for Initial 767 Crews

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Can anyone confirm or expound upon whether the first 35 crews on the round-dial 767s will be trained offsite?
If so, where -- Seattle or Miami?
The FCIF and Q&A are lacking when it comes to useful info.
The NC said Seattle. Just a few sims after 757 training in Mem.
FedEx has never been shy about offsite training ...

My first 3 training cycles (MEM27S, MEM10S, MEM11F) where all offsite. Offsite training is a good deal for commuters (hotel, car, per diem).

Does FedEx have a 767 sim?
Downstream Delays
Quote: The NC said Seattle. Just a few sims after 757 training in Mem.
So, 757 training throughput WILL be affected/reduced by the initial 767 influx into the Memphis schoolhouse. Good to know.
Lots of excessed 727 folks might be surprised (pleased) by how long it may take to get a class date!
Quote: So, 757 training throughput WILL be affected/reduced by the initial 767 influx into the Memphis schoolhouse. Good to know.
Lots of excessed 727 folks might be surprised (pleased) by how long it may take to get a class date!
Maybe for the real senior 72 guys. But I imagine a lot of the 76 training will be 75 guys already. The bus/MD guys can be put at the end of the list (no passover) and the other 72 guys can be shuffled right in. If they train 2 76 guys a month that will more than likely keep up with inventory.

Lot of rumors of 75 training going off site too.
If an airplane has some folks go offsite, how and when do they decide who goes? Is 777 training offsite possible, training lettter will be long.
Just curious, is this off-site training conducted by non-FDX instructor pilots ? Just wondering how this is seen culture-wise, is there a preference for "in house" FDX company instructor pilots to conduct the training ?
FedEx only instructors
Quote: FedEx only instructors
Not always true ...

I did MD-11 f/o training at McDonnell-Douglas in Long Beach with MD Ground School Instructors (although we did have FDX sim instructors at FinnAir in Helsinki)

McDonnell Douglas MD-11 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Finnair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Partly Cloudy Forecast
Quote: The bus/MD guys can be put at the end of the list (no passover) and the other 72 guys can be shuffled right in.
Okay, FDXLAG, un-confuse me...
with an excess bid the training is assigned as follows:

BTR-SNR: BID TO RELIEVE (SENIOR)
BTR-JNR: BID TO RELIEVE (JUNIOR)
EXC-JNR: EXCESSED (JUNIOR)
EXC-SNR: EXCESSED (SENIOR)

So from this sampling of Practice Bid #2:

# SEN CURR PREV TYPE
1. 1065 57CM 27CM EXC
2. 1109 57CM 30CM BTR
3. 1144 57CM 30CM BTR
4. 2084 57CM 27CM EXC
5. 2302 57CM 11CM BTR
6. 2339 57CM 77FM BTR
7. 2377 57CM 27CM EXC
8. 2464 57CM 27CM EXC

Wouldn't the proper training order (by contract language and seniority) fall out like this...

#2-3-5-6-8-7-4-1

And if they simply "put the Bus/MD/Triple guys at the end" then they would be training out-of-order (e.g. 1-4-7-8-2-3-5-6, whatever) and passover pay would be paid to pilots 2&3 based on 4's activation, and to 5&6 based on 7. I know, small-scale sample but I hope it illustrates my point/question.

Of course I don't remember how the DC-10 End of Days played out way back when...but I'm sure someone can comment on how plenty of excessed guys and gals sat around (NOQ, but paid BLG) waiting for a class date. Right? Anyone? Bueller, Bueller....
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to