Southern Airways Express

Subscribe
27  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  47 
Page 37 of 53
Go to
Thread bump. despite the virus a check airmen told me there could be hiring in the next few months due to upgrades.
Quote: Thread bump. despite the virus a check airmen told me there could be hiring in the next few months due to upgrades.
Remind me, is this job commutable? The CA mins are 135 min, correct?
Quote: Remind me, is this job commutable? The CA mins are 135 min, correct?
I left there in February, but when I left they had jump seat privileges on American and JetBlue (they are closely tied with American, they book duel itineraries and transfer bags and such). Also MyIDTravel for a few other airlines (I specifically remember Southwest, might be others now).

As far as that making it "commutable," that's up for debate. You'll be based in one of their outstations in PA or AR. It's out-and-backs, so the plane is parked at the small town out station every night. So to commute in by air, you have to fly to either PIT or DFW or BWI on an airline, then hop on one of their flights out to your base because they're the only ones flying into their outstations. It can work, but I just drove (6 hours) because it was faster that way.

It was a great job, I enjoyed it as a time builder! Typical headaches that come from a small company, but they're generally quite fair and easy to work with. Usually logged 70-90 hours a month working 13-15 days. Usually 4-5 on, 3-4 off.
Quote: I left there in February, but when I left they had jump seat privileges on American and JetBlue (they are closely tied with American, they book duel itineraries and transfer bags and such). Also MyIDTravel for a few other airlines (I specifically remember Southwest, might be others now).

As far as that making it "commutable," that's up for debate. You'll be based in one of their outstations in PA or AR. It's out-and-backs, so the plane is parked at the small town out station every night. So to commute in by air, you have to fly to either PIT or DFW or BWI on an airline, then hop on one of their flights out to your base because they're the only ones flying into their outstations. It can work, but I just drove (6 hours) because it was faster that way.

It was a great job, I enjoyed it as a time builder! Typical headaches that come from a small company, but they're generally quite fair and easy to work with. Usually logged 70-90 hours a month working 13-15 days. Usually 4-5 on, 3-4 off.
Thats actually not bad! It’s a 3 hour drive to DFW so that wouldn’t be too bad if that was an option. I’m coming up on those mins so I’m trying to see if any doors might be cracked open.
Quote: Remind me, is this job commutable? The CA mins are 135 min, correct?
What's the mins for F/O positions?
Quote: What's the mins for F/O positions?
It was like 250-500 I believe. Now, it’s anyone’s guess
Quote: I left there in February, but when I left they had jump seat privileges on American and JetBlue (they are closely tied with American, they book duel itineraries and transfer bags and such). Also MyIDTravel for a few other airlines (I specifically remember Southwest, might be others now).

Do you have to live in the outstation? Do they provide hotels during the trips?
Quote: It was like 250-500 I believe. Now, it’s anyone’s guess
prob 3500TT, 2000ME, and a space shuttle type
Quote: prob 3500TT, 2000ME, and a space shuttle type
No type, just the a landing
Betting there will be a PIC slot open in PA open soon unless they upgrade someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
27  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  47 
Page 37 of 53
Go to