Jet blue application window

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 51
Go to
Quote: [/B]

I don't see how that's relevant
If you served time in the military it shouldn't matter if you have a degree or not.

Is that more clear?
I apologize if this has been discussed already.....

Is anyone having trouble actually uploading their resume onto the Blue website? I get a error message every time I hit submit. I am using safari and my document has been exported into a DOCX format.

Thank you very much.
Quote: If you served time in the military it shouldn't matter if you have a degree or not.

Is that more clear?

I don't see why that makes someone more qualified then someone else. Not knocking service members but you take more written and practicals just getting your ratings.
College degree or no college degree, it's the airlines who make the hiring decisions... Not a pilot without a degree who thinks it shouldn't matter.

I'm guessing if you were to take a survey of every pilot at every legacy, the large majority will have at least some form of college degree.. It's just the way it is. Arguing about why a pilot is no better with or without one doesn't really make one hell of a difference.

Every pilot I know at a respectable carrier has a degree... I know no one at a legacy with a GED or HS diploma.

Just the way it is and hopefully always will be.
This whole conversation is a little dumb because there are many many pilots at JetBlue without a degree so this would be a better suited discussion on a delta or united thread.
Quote: I don't see why that makes someone more qualified then someone else. Not knocking service members but you take more written and practicals just getting your ratings.
This comment shows how little you know about the military and how junior you must be to this industry. There's a reason military guys get to add .3 to each hour of military flight time they have.

Also another comment you made stated there are a lot of guys at JetBlue without a degree. I work there and I have no clue how many guys got hired without one. So how do you? It's stated a college degree is preferred and I'm trying to explain why that it is, and why a service member shouldn't need one.
Quote: This comment shows how little you know about the military and how junior you must be to this industry. There's a reason military guys get to add .3 to each hour of military flight time they have.

Also another comment you made stated there are a lot of guys at JetBlue without a degree. I work there and I have no clue how many guys got hired without one. So how do you? It's stated a college degree is preferred and I'm trying to explain why that it is, and why a service member shouldn't need one.
And everyone except army guys are officers thus they have a degree.

Not that junior dude.
5,500 TT
1,600 TPIC regional turbo prop
BS degree
2 internals

Do I have a realistic shot of getting an interview?
Quote: And everyone except army guys are officers thus they have a degree.

Not that junior dude.
Fair enough. But our arguments are starting to veer in different directions which is my fault. I originally stated that anybody that served in the military and fulfilled their commitment should not be at a disadvantage to those who decided to attend college instead. Regardless if they were aviators (hence officers) or not.

But military training to civilian training is not an equal comparison.
Quote: 5,500 TT
1,600 TPIC regional turbo prop
BS degree
2 internals

Do I have a realistic shot of getting an interview?
Definitely competitive times but they like to see jet time and glass time. It all depends on the guys you know and if they know the right people.
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 51
Go to