Medicals

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Can anyone shed any light as to why the Medical exams went up again? Its $200 now! As if living on first year regional FO pay isnt bad enough. Why have the medicals gone up two years in a row now and they are not even covered under health care? Maybe this is something that should be presented to the Feds by ALPA that should be covered by health insurance...maybe put that lobbying money to another useful point...just MHO.
In Dec. I paid $165 for mine with an EKG, without the EKG it's $100.

This was in Orlando, FL.

Where are you located?

Maybe someone here can send you to a cheaper Dr.
Medicals aren't a flat rate. Doctors charge what they want. I've paid various amounts for a medical. Now I pay $100 cash out the door, no EKG. Last year it was the same, as it was the year before
$200 with EKG in CT, fortunately, the company pays like they do most everywhere outside the airlines. Heck, I flew for a charter company in 1980 that expensed them or hired the local doc to do physicals in the office conference room. I tried to expense my first one at EA, Jim Dempsey looked at me with a wry smile and said, "you're kidding, right?"

Work on it in the next contract.

GF
Geeze, I remember when they were $50.
Because the doctor you picked decided to charge $200. I think Griffin near DFW is still $35.
^^^ $35??? Man, that's nice!!
I thought I was doing well paying $95 for my first class, but $95 is still better than $200! Is he the only one in town? If that's the case, then that's why.

CV
I did my first class near SDF for $75, no EKG, made appointment that day.

PM me if you want the doc's info.
Quote: Can anyone shed any light as to why the Medical exams went up again? Its $200 now! As if living on first year regional FO pay isnt bad enough. Why have the medicals gone up two years in a row now and they are not even covered under health care? Maybe this is something that should be presented to the Feds by ALPA that should be covered by health insurance...maybe put that lobbying money to another useful point...just MHO.
If not reimbursed by your company, write it off as a business expense.
Quote: Can anyone shed any light as to why the Medical exams went up again? Its $200 now! As if living on first year regional FO pay isnt bad enough. Why have the medicals gone up two years in a row now and they are not even covered under health care? Maybe this is something that should be presented to the Feds by ALPA that should be covered by health insurance...maybe put that lobbying money to another useful point...just MHO.
Get a grip.. AME's charge what they want to charge.. its called capitalism... don't like it? Find a different AME... and if you are REALLY wondering why... ask your AME.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to