Transair Hawaii

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
He's still there as of a few months ago last I saw.
Quote: Bill Stickney is a stand up guy! As Chief Pilot he stood up for and took care of the pilots. Nothing but respect for the man. Hope he is enjoying retirement.
If he is retired, He definitely deserves it! I moved from the main land and he drove me around, gave me his old tv, tried to help me get a good car deal. Great Guy! i still have his number...i should give him a call!
Jsut curious if anyone knows how things are going there these days?
Quote: Jsut curious if anyone knows how things are going there these days?
Same question. Seems they are hiring people into the left seat of the 737 and paying them 100k. Wondered if it was a place anyone sane would want to work.
Any recent info?
Anyone have direct info about the operation, QOL in Honolulu, etc? Appreciate the help.
Why
Ask yourself why?

It’s night cargo and you will fly six nights a week. Home every night but driving in HNL traffic every morning would get old.

You WILL be asked (read threatened) to work days off as shortage of crew. Go see who the owner is and read past history. There is a reason they keep advertising and having to hire into the left seat. Btw, they are old beeter 200s you’ll fly.

No more housing in training. The owner cut that. There are bennies but employee only.

Honolulu is expensive. You’ll need a car and apartement. Remember, home every day to fly six nights a week.

Oh the biggie is the two year bond you sign they forget to put in the advertisement.

I’d only imagine it would get old quickly and why they can’t find or retain crew.
Thanks for the info. I couldn’t find much about the owner, what is his reputation? How’s the training and maintanence?
You'll be much better off at Aloha
cargo.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to