ATP Written Reg in effect soon.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
I had not heard of any changes to the requirements for an ATP. But according to this article there are BIG changes coming very soon.

The New ATP—A Brief Window Before the Sky Falls? - AVweb Features Article
Quote: I had not heard of any changes to the requirements for an ATP. But according to this article there are BIG changes coming very soon.

The New ATP—A Brief Window Before the Sky Falls? - AVweb Features Article
This isn't new and they aren't changes. It's just becoming effective now versus when the other ATP rules went into effect to give some lead time. I know it's been discussed dozens of times here.

Move along. Nothing to see here.
The airlines will have to make it apart of training. Very few flight schools will be able to offer this. I assume the first part of training will become ATP written training.
My understanding is that your written score will be grandfathered in for 24 months if you pass it before this goes into effect in July 2014.
Quote: This isn't new and they aren't changes.

Move along. Nothing to see here.
It may be nothing for you to see, but I had not heard of it. I thought I would post the link for any others who weren't up to date and wanted to learn more about it.

After reading the article, it appears they are trying to force anyone who wants an ATP to attend either a Part 141 flight school or a 4 year college program. From what I can tell, it will make it much harder to get an ATP.
Quote: My understanding is that your written score will be grandfathered in for 24 months if you pass it before this goes into effect in July 2014.
Yes, that is mentioned in the article.
FYI: More good news for young guys in this profession (not really). The "Part 142 type rating" factories are developing the courseware as we speak to profit from this reg.....full course cost somewhere around $15k.
Quote: It may be nothing for you to see, but I had not heard of it. I thought I would post the link for any others who weren't up to date and wanted to learn more about it.

After reading the article, it appears they are trying to force anyone who wants an ATP to attend either a Part 141 flight school or a 4 year college program. From what I can tell, it will make it much harder to get an ATP.
Okay, since there is confusion, NOTHING is changing with regards to flight time. Everything the article is talking about is in part 61. Read it.

The only change from how things are working now deals with prerequisites for taking the written test. You have to be endorsed with the new ATP rules and, in order to get that endorsement, you have to go through a training program.
Quote: Okay, since there is confusion, NOTHING is changing with regards to flight time. Everything the article is talking about is in part 61. Read it.

The only change from how things are working now deals with prerequisites for taking the written test. You have to be endorsed with the new ATP rules and, in order to get that endorsement, you have to go through a training program.
Yes, and the training program must be in a FFS in a "heavy" aircraft. It's the FFS requirement that will drive up the price of the course and hinder competition. The NSP won't let just anyone "sponsor" a FFS device.
Quote: FYI: More good news for young guys in this profession (not really). The "Part 142 type rating" factories are developing the courseware as we speak to profit from this reg.....full course cost somewhere around $15k.
I've heard of part 141 but what is part 142? I know the advantage of part 141 is the lower hour requirements and the fact that failures aren't pria reportable but what is the advantage of part 142?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to