Fedex APU

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 14 of 14
Go to
Pop culture? Here's Merriam Webster -

1 Aryan
adjective Ary·an \ˈa-rē-ən, ˈer-ē-; ˈär-yən\

a : of or relating to a hypothetical ethnic type illustrated by or descended from early speakers of Indo-European languages
b : nordic
c —used in Nazism to designate a supposed master race of non-Jewish Caucasians usually having Nordic features

You be you, but you have a Nazi name.
Back to the topic. 77 degrees OAT in a 757 that had external power hooked up means somewhere well North of 90 degrees in the cockpit with no airflow just to make it that much more pleasant. They need to take another look at the ground air parameters that they're going to ignore.

Pipe
Quote: Pop culture? Here's Merriam Webster -

1 Aryan
adjective Ary·an \ˈa-rē-ən, ˈer-ē-; ˈär-yən\
c —used in Nazism to designate a supposed master race of non-Jewish Caucasians usually having Nordic features

You be you, but you have a Nazi name.

But ... real Nazis had a religious like "cause" that they were proud of. It doesn't sound like Aryan is ready to admit that yet? It sounds like maybe he wears a brown uniform!

Maybe he should talk to Al-quida!*? Then, if he disagreed with his Captain he could just cut his head off!

MM

noun
Ethnology. a member or descendant of the prehistoric people who spoke Indo-European.
(in Nazi doctrine) a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock.
(formerly) Indo-European.
(formerly) Indo-Iranian.
Quote: 4.
(formerly) Indo-Iranian.
That was probably the meaning of "Aryan" in Rudyard Kipling's poem:

Now it is not good for the Christian's health to hustle the Aryan brown,
For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”
I can guarantee you that Apu Nahasapeemapetilon's Kwik-E-Mart is always comfortable.

Thank you, come again.
This thread started a few years ago but what was true then is true now, the temperature in the cockpit should be the same as the CEO's office. My Tiger IOE instructor told me that almost 30 years ago. No fleet captain is sitting in their office doing fleet captain type things in 40 degrees.
Yeah, I wussed out.

-That won't happen again........

[We can all learn something about all this]
4  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 14 of 14
Go to