Military Equivalency

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Hey, not sure if this is the right thread for this, but a Cobra friend of mine has been asking me if he has a chance at the majors/LCCs... Do any of them (maybe JB?) accept rotary time? I don't believe he has any more fixed wing time than flight school. Maybe he could be a cadet for Cathay???
Thanks
Quote: Hey, not sure if this is the right thread for this, but a Cobra friend of mine has been asking me if he has a chance at the majors/LCCs... Do any of them (maybe JB?) accept rotary time? I don't believe he has any more fixed wing time than flight school. Maybe he could be a cadet for Cathay???
Thanks
There may be a few Regionals that will consider him if he meets the R-ATP requirements.
Quote: There may be a few Regionals that will consider him if he meets the R-ATP requirements.
JB made it very clear that they value and consider rotary time at their vet event. I didn't pay attention to how much or what fixed time was needed with it but they do include it unlike many other majors/LCC. They had several helo senior pilots at the event who talked about it.
Quote: Unless you want to save $2 (really cheap AF pilot) you can get the English proficiency online!

English Proficiency endorsement ? What it means to you
Thanks again for this info...got the new license in the mail...easy!!!
Quote: Hey, not sure if this is the right thread for this, but a Cobra friend of mine has been asking me if he has a chance at the majors/LCCs... Do any of them (maybe JB?) accept rotary time? I don't believe he has any more fixed wing time than flight school. Maybe he could be a cadet for Cathay???
Thanks
A few regionals and LCCs allow for some rotary time towards their minimums. Checkout their hiring minimums.

But I think most or all will require many hundreds of hours of FW time. Probably not going to happen with just UPT T-34 time.
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to