Peoples Express Latest & Greatest

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Anyone in the know?
I saw one of their 737s in SAT yesterday. It was at one of the hangers on the north side of the airport.
Latest I heard is that they are operating using Vision pilots, aircraft, and certificate. Revenue flights start this month. You can go to their website and see their proposed schedule. It is pretty modest, flying out of Newport News and filling niche routes that may be lightly covered or expensive on other carriers.
I don't know if Vision intends on hiring any more pilots or if their operations are ever going to just merge...almost seems like this is an experiment right now.
They are definitely going after the Spirit model of doing things...buy the seat and pay for the extras.
It sounds pretty similar to what Vision was trying to do on their own a few years ago when they started flying some random routes across the southeast.
They are now selling tickets FlyPex
Newport News was a great market for AirTran, and a pretty good overnight, as well.

It was actually one of their showplace "focus cities", originally flying to ATL and MCO, later adding various NE destinations and some other business centers. I would think they could do well, if the other carriers don't beat them up too much out of ORF.
Hopefully it works out .
Quote: I saw one of their 737s in SAT yesterday. It was at one of the hangers on the north side of the airport.
You mean their only 737?
Quote: You mean their only 737?
I just wish somebody would bring back Hooters Air!

(or at least their F/A's and uniforms!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcjhh1OJ2Po
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to