Kalitta Air now accepting FO applications

Subscribe
16  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  36  76  126 
Page 26 of 458
Go to
Got called yesterday for an interview the week of the 16th. Looks like dates available all that week. I'm unavailable that week, so maybe another time...
Quote: bummer........
Yeah Hurc, I really thought I had it. I'm, stunned.
can you give me the initials of the people you interviewed with.... pm me if you prefer....as bad as we need guys I am pretty shocked as well....
Potential newhire here, was just offered an Interview today. BIG thanks to everyone's input and QOL sharing. Some questions I have:

If I'm paying for my hotel during ground school (until we get to the SIM portion of training), how long is GS and where is it (in YIP)?
What is a realistic first year take home pay?
Since it's Based At Home, I'm assuming as a NewHire I'll be on Reserve at Home/Res- at Airport-Hotel/Res- at Airport? How long will it take to get a line and will I see a lot of flying my first year?
And is it true that getting to YIP for recurrent/AQP is the pilots responsibility?

Thanks a lot guys!
Quote: Potential newhire here, was just offered an Interview today. BIG thanks to everyone's input and QOL sharing. Some questions I have:

If I'm paying for my hotel during ground school (until we get to the SIM portion of training), how long is GS and where is it (in YIP)? At Kalitta Worldwide headquarters at the fabulous Willow Run Airport...Building 2 if you want specifics. Most of my class stayed at the Candlewood in Ann Arbor and relied on guys that had driven to get to and fro.
What is a realistic first year take home pay? I cant remember, guessing around 50k unless you ***** yourself out on days off. That includes Per Diem.
Since it's Based At Home, I'm assuming as a NewHire I'll be on Reserve at Home/Res- at Airport-Hotel/Res- at Airport? How long will it take to get a line and will I see a lot of flying my first year? You assume incorrectly. No one gets to sit at home on reserve (unless you live near CVG). You will be flown to most likely CVG and sit around the equally fabulous Hyatt Place or the not quite as fabulous place next door that I have forgotten the name of. My buds still there tell me they are short, so probably be flying a lot. Dont get too wrapped up in the reserve vs holding a line thing....It is almost the same situation with regards to scheduling, just a little different in how you get paid.
And is it true that getting to YIP for recurrent/AQP is the pilots responsibility? Getting to YIP for GS is on you at first, and then it depends on when recurrent is scheduled. If they put at the beginning of you days on then you have to get there. If they put in the middle or end of days on then they have to get you there. If they get you there then they have to get you home as well.

Thanks a lot guys!
Good luck....its fun flying, but a frustrating company to work for at times....but I suppose most are!
From what I know of my relative who is on the -400, guys are flying about 40 hours a month, not to many landings as a lot of the flights depart with an IRP.
Got called for an interview today, but had just accepted another overseas contract gig.

FWIW, what's the opinion of the relative value of:
6-800 King Air 300/350 hours a year, 3-500 of that PIC
Whatever SIC time I'd get in the 747

I know the monetary value is about 3x in the KA favor.

I'm an Ex Navy guy, 2500TT, 1500 FW, 1250 ME FW.
(I have about 1700 civil helo hours, but those don't count as far as I can tell)
Quote: Got called for an interview today, but had just accepted another overseas contract gig.

FWIW, what's the opinion of the relative value of:
6-800 King Air 300/350 hours a year, 3-500 of that PIC
Whatever SIC time I'd get in the 747

I know the monetary value is about 3x in the KA favor.

I'm an Ex Navy guy, 2500TT, 1500 FW, 1250 ME FW.
(I have about 1700 civil helo hours, but those don't count as far as I can tell)
If you are looking to have a 121 career then K4 is by far the better choice. They are not even comparable as far as what it means on your resume in the current market. Currently at K4 if you want the flying you can usually get it if you are trying to build time. However things could slow down in the industry tomorrow and you would be back to getting 300-400 hours a year. If you want to build time quickly and make yourself marketable to a major? Bite the bullet and go to a commuter. You will get about 900-1000 a year if you work at it. Of course you life will suck about as bad as it will in the sand pit flying the KA.
Quote: From what I know of my relative who is on the -400, guys are flying about 40 hours a month, not to many landings as a lot of the flights depart with an IRP.

Luckily they get paid by the hour and not the landing.
i was in transition training last year to the -400 .... including down time before and after that and before OE.. and I only flew one short trip in Dec due to a death in the family. So.. I was available to fly essentially 9 months and logged 500 hours... so thats.... about 55 hours per month. i would guess that probably average ..i know guys with more... and less. Fwiw... i don't work days off.

First 12 months pay... hard to say... but because of training pay issue.. I would think 50-55k.. could be vary a lot. As for hotel... its my understanding with the new AQP initial... you are probably on the hook for two weeks of housing on your own... in the past it was about 4 weeks so .. not quite as bad. And finally yes.. essentially you are responsible for getting to AQP each year... BUT as someone above mentioned... that does not always hold true because your AQP would have to start on your first day... or they would have to leave you on R4 home reserve ( VERY VERY rare )... if they bring you out.. and say 5 days later your AQP is scheduled.. they must get you to and from... the basis for this is that YIP is in theory your base... and training is in base.. so they assert they don't have to fly you to your domicile..... thats the way its stated in the contract. whew... good luck... spoke with a guy who interviewed recently and was surprised to find out that of the 4 guys who interviewed that day... none had heavy international time... and 3 of the 4 had less than 5000k hours.
16  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  36  76  126 
Page 26 of 458
Go to