Which Regional??

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 4 of 7
Go to
Good work rules, exceptional (regional) pay, and it probably won't be around in a few years.
To the OP, as others have stated it depends on your priorities. Do you want to get in and get out ASAP? Or do you want to risk being stuck at the regionals longer but have better quality of life/pay while doing it? Conventional wisdom now is to avoid an airline that relies heavily or solely on a 50-seat fleet (CRJ-200s or ERJ-145's). As fuel prices go up, those planes become less economical, and it's generally predicted the airlines using them will get less flying with the majors. Less flying means stagnation, longer times to upgrade (if at all), and the possibility of the airline shutting down if it can't get new, more economical aircraft.

The following is subject to change as well as some degree of opinion.

For a quick upgrade (to move on to the majors/legacies sooner):

Compass
Mesa
PSA

For good pay/quality of life:

SkyWest
ExpressJet (keep in mind that 50-seat concern with ExpressJet)
Air Wisconsin (same here)
Compass
Horizon
Is it me or do people keep forgetting Trans States ?
Quote: Is it me or do people keep forgetting Trans States ?
I keep asking myself the exact same thing. Do people live under a rock? It's absolutely unprecedented growth at this time in the regional industry.
Quote: I keep asking myself the exact same thing. Do people live under a rock? It's absolutely unprecedented growth at this time in the regional industry.
TSA has a pretty terrible contract and pay
Colgan air or bust.
Who wants to work for Uncle Hulas?
Quote: TSA has a pretty terrible contract and pay
This is incorrect on many levels.
Quote: Who wants to work for Uncle Hulas?
Is JO, Bedford, or DUI Dougie better?
Quote: TSA has a pretty terrible contract and pay
LOL. You guys crack me up.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 4 of 7
Go to