Alaska thread for Alaska pilots...

Subscribe
27  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  47 
Page 37 of 83
Go to
Quote: Speaking of Skywest anyone know why the last class had 5 Skywest employes? I thought there was a Qx 30% thing not a Skywest 50% thing. But I'm out dated.........

Maybe there just amazing model Alk employes. It's not like Qx pilots are part of air group, and share in the profit sharing. Weird, what's the metric?
Alaska likes SKW pilots because they're non-union. Unfortunately, most of the ex-SKW guys turn into the biggest ALPA supporters. Oops...
Quote: Alaska likes SKW pilots because they're non-union. Unfortunately, most of the ex-SKW guys turn into the biggest ALPA supporters. Oops...
I'm sure the fact that the SkyWest pilots were well qualified, with internal recs and lived on the West Coast didn't factor in at all
They can't be that anti-Union. There was an ALPA guy on my interview panel.
Quote: The 30% is a target, not set in stone. The fact is, in general, the SkyWest pilots are more experienced and want the job more. There is a general sense of entitlement and lack of preparation from QX applicants. I'm not trolling, just giving honest feedback on why you see the ratios you do.
Hit the nail square on the head....
Quote: They can't be that anti-Union. There was an ALPA guy on my interview panel.

Agreed. Far from Anti Union they (Alaska Flight Ops) are having an ALPA Only Pilot Open House in April.
Quote: The 30% is a target, not set in stone. The fact is, in general, the SkyWest pilots are more experienced and want the job more. There is a general sense of entitlement and lack of preparation from QX applicants. I'm not trolling, just giving honest feedback on why you see the ratios you do.
How do you know the experience level of the applicants? Very few QX pilots have less the 5000 hours. We just missed the upgrade in 2 years gravy train that they had at OO back in the 2000s. I think that under the same circumstances as QX pilots have endured for the last decade, the pilots at skywest would be no different.
Quote: How do you know the experience level of the applicants? ................I think that under the same circumstances as QX pilots have endured for the last decade, the pilots at skywest would be no different.
Let's just say I know........ I don't argue that fact, but you don't get points with the hiring board for enduring a rough career. You do get points for a positive attitude, professionalism, and desire.
Quote: Let's just say I know........ I don't argue that fact, but you don't get points with the hiring board for enduring a rough career. You do get points for a positive attitude, professionalism, and desire.
Ex skywest? Or Great Lakes?
Quote: Ex skywest? Or Great Lakes?
Me? Neither. I did my time at QX.
Quote: Alaska likes SKW pilots because they're non-union. Unfortunately, most of the ex-SKW guys turn into the biggest ALPA supporters. Oops...
Seems untrue considering ASA is putting on a ALPA sponsored FFD event like United did.
27  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  47 
Page 37 of 83
Go to