United meet and greet

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
United meet and greet
Quote: I judged both organizations, OBAP and WIA, unfairly. For that I apologize.

I got caught up in negative thinking from pilots that have attended events and have not had a positive experience, but I don't have all the facts and their behavior could have caused their lack of success.

Sorry to ruffle the feathers of the last few posters...sorry to derail the thread.

I think it's a great trait for someone to recognize and acknowledge when they're mistaken; so I wish you success in your efforts to get on with the airline.

I don't know an exact number but I'm sure a certain quantity of attendees to the convention are not ACTIVE or maybe even members. As with any group of people, we help those we constantly interact and see helping others. It's probably brings the feeling of being an outsider looking in on a group that shares an obvious minority status. That's why certain people probably express disappointment. But it is networking 101, from the day we join.

If you're ever in FL and want to see what we do and how we are, please PM me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: ...Hopefully United will attend a FAPA or AeroCrewSolutions conference sometime soon...
That's not happening. Why would any of the big three airlines go to those job fairs when they have no problems getting applicants? Its WIA, OBAP or nothing. For what its worth, I haven't read about many recent job fair attendees getting calls recently. At least not without a meet and great accomplished as well.
Quote: That's not happening. Why would any of the big three airlines go to those job fairs when they have no problems getting applicants? Its WIA, OBAP or nothing. For what its worth, I haven't read about many recent job fair attendees getting calls recently. At least not without a meet and great accomplished as well.
UAL just attended an Aerocrew job fair 2 months ago.
I can only speak from my experience but for me I had my meet and greet in SFO almost a year to date to the call and interview. I was told there was a huge training bottle neck combined with the larger number of M&G candidates. might explain the delay in the call. I got the Email link for the Hogan test which I took on a Friday afternoon and within 30 mins had a call scheduling me for the interview. 2 weeks later I was in TK for the interview. I interviewed on a Monday so I missed the Wedensday review board for that week. So the following Thursday (10 days later) I received the call offering me the job and tentative class date ( approx 2 months out in my case). About 27 days prior I got the confirmation call and email. Hope that helps some. I heard 20 new hires a week starting in class starting Jan.
Quote: UAL just attended an Aerocrew job fair 2 months ago.
Shows how much I know...nada.
Quote: I can only speak from my experience but for me I had my meet and greet in SFO almost a year to date to the call and interview. I was told there was a huge training bottle neck combined with the larger number of M&G candidates. might explain the delay in the call. I got the Email link for the Hogan test which I took on a Friday afternoon and within 30 mins had a call scheduling me for the interview. 2 weeks later I was in TK for the interview. I interviewed on a Monday so I missed the Wedensday review board for that week. So the following Thursday (10 days later) I received the call offering me the job and tentative class date ( approx 2 months out in my case). About 27 days prior I got the confirmation call and email. Hope that helps some. I heard 20 new hires a week starting in class starting Jan.
The mistake here is in thinking that a M&G = An Interview. It does not. It helps. It adds points. But the drift I get from this thread is, "Hey, I had a meet and greet yesterday. Why haven't they called me yet?" Doesn't work that way as far as I can tell.
Quote: The mistake here is in thinking that a M&G = An Interview. It does not.
Yep, no clue why people think it guarantees an interview.

In fact, the FIRST thing one gets at the MG is the verbal disclaimer that it's NOT an interview, it's NOT a guaranty of an interview, it's NOT "silver bullet" nor ANY other nomenclature that other airlines may have, etc...........
Quote: I can only speak from my experience but for me I had my meet and greet in SFO almost a year to date to the call and interview. I was told there was a huge training bottle neck combined with the larger number of M&G candidates. might explain the delay in the call. I got the Email link for the Hogan test which I took on a Friday afternoon and within 30 mins had a call scheduling me for the interview. 2 weeks later I was in TK for the interview. I interviewed on a Monday so I missed the Wedensday review board for that week. So the following Thursday (10 days later) I received the call offering me the job and tentative class date ( approx 2 months out in my case). About 27 days prior I got the confirmation call and email. Hope that helps some. I heard 20 new hires a week starting in class starting Jan.
Should be 25 a week if we are trying to actually hire commensurate to the need.
It's good to see TK alive again....
Quote: Should be 25 a week if we are trying to actually hire commensurate to the need.
It's good to see TK alive again....
Amen to that brother!
Has a number been thrown around about how many they plan to hire next year?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to