Latest AA contract proposal

Subscribe
37  43  44  45  46  47  48 
Page 47 of 48
Go to
With the small amount of international flying at US, if they do split the bases it could make our trips much worse by giving the pairing machine less options to work with.
Quote: Yes, it would be nice to have calendar day. The company wasn't going there but they were talking about work arounds. The BOD stepped in and their proposal shut down talks. Don't be angry at Parker, his guys were still talking until APA started taking previously agreed to items off the table. That is what caused the talks to stop.
^^ This ^^

There was a lot of discussion about how the NC and AAG were very close to reaching a deal, and it may have included some version of min calendar day. The DFW reps even alluded to this during their last town hall meeting just before the BOD decided to make a show of force and toss a giant grenade into the NC's lap, effectively p!ssing off AAG.
Defend what's left of our profession, I am a no voter. I can live with the MTA and 16% on 1-1-16.
Quote: Defend what's left of our profession, I am a no voter. I can live with the MTA and 16% on 1-1-16.
Bad info again, it is 13% in 2016. That is a fact.
Thanks, I appreciate the update, 13% is still ok with me and I can still vote no.
We also lose 2 years LOS as well. That's fairly significant for some of the furloughed guys. I know it's not full LOS, but you will not see full LOS either way. 2 years at DAL+7% would help those guys far better than zero LOS and the much lower MTA rates.

IMHO, "defending the profession" amounts to a phyrric victory. PK has a long history of not caving in to labor groups. There's no reason to think they'll start now. APA had a chance 2 years ago when the merger started in motion...they held the keys to the castle, but sold them for pennies on the dollar. *THAT* was leverage. We have very little leverage now.
Quote: We also lose 2 years LOS as well. That's fairly significant for some of the furloughed guys. I know it's not full LOS, but you will not see full LOS either way. 2 years at DAL+7% would help those guys far better than zero LOS and the much lower MTA rates.
Who knows what we will ultimately lose ? I find it interesting that many advocating accepting this TA use certainties when discussing the losses by doing so, but when rejection advocates like me represent certainties in the future by not accepting it, we are guessing. Besides, your beloved Mr. Parker plans to stiff those who have differed their returns for whatever reason out of LOS, so it will only be applicable to those who chose to return at the first opportunity.

Quote: IMHO, "defending the profession" amounts to a phyrric victory. PK has a long history of not caving in to labor groups. There's no reason to think they'll start now. APA had a chance 2 years ago when the merger started in motion...they held the keys to the castle, but sold them for pennies on the dollar. *THAT* was leverage. We have very little leverage now.
Pyrrhic victory.......ah, yes......shades of a Judge Silver.

If he isn't caving now, why would expect him to cave in 2020 ?

Do you expect him to suddenly negotiate fairly then ?

Is the best strategy to COMPOUND APA's past mistakes adding still yet another notch on that bed post or attempt to alter that history and change it for the better ?
Quote: ...but when rejection advocates like me represent certainties in the future by not accepting it, we are guessing.
The only certainty in voting no would be that we (probably) would keep the current contract. Which everyone hates.
He says NO repeatedly, and lives in a opulent mansion. He never sold his talents for cheap...

AA Merger Magic for Our Real Estate Market: US Air Exec Snaps up Sharif & Munir Mansion on Strait Lane | Candy's Dirt
Quote: The only certainty in voting no would be that we (probably) would keep the current contract. Which everyone hates.
...and voting yes will make it better ?
37  43  44  45  46  47  48 
Page 47 of 48
Go to