AA Reserve

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8 
Page 8 of 8
Go to
Quote: Will it matter after friday?

Forgive me for not knowing this as im on the sidelines. Is there something addressed in the JCA regarding reserve changes???
"Reasonable" to be replaced with "prompt".
No official definition on either....
Quote: Reasonable distance?
Unofficially and passed down from our forefathers: 2 hrs by ground transportation.
It is only a factor if you miss or delay a flight.
Then have good answers if you live in Orlando and they call you for a that signs-in in 2 hrs.
Thanks for the realistic view of LAA reserve. I have a strong feeling that "prompt" will likely also mean something in the neighborhood of 2-3 hours from call to sign-in. But others think it means airport standby.

I have heard that some LAA reserves fly more than LUS reserves...from the sounds of it (at least MIA 75/76), it seems about the same. I typically fly about 20-30 hours in the low months and 40-50 in the busy months on reserve out of CLT.

Any idea if that's about the same on the 319 out of DFW (my desired location)?
Quote: Thanks for the realistic view of LAA reserve. I have a strong feeling that "prompt" will likely also mean something in the neighborhood of 2-3 hours from call to sign-in. But others think it means airport standby.

I have heard that some LAA reserves fly more than LUS reserves...from the sounds of it (at least MIA 75/76), it seems about the same. I typically fly about 20-30 hours in the low months and 40-50 in the busy months on reserve out of CLT.

Any idea if that's about the same on the 319 out of DFW (my desired location)?
"Promptly" will mean whatever management wants it to mean. We will go through an "example" period and then it will end up in arbitration for a definition. Ambiguous contract language always favors management. That's why they love it so much.
DFW AB FO rsv's - 41 hrs -81 hrs with four days to go in the month. Avg mid to upper 60's.

MIA 767I FO's? 20-80 hrs. Mid point about 45 hrs.

There was no two hour rule in the past. Company tried to make guys believe that. They never won that battle.

Recent negotiations the company wanted two hrs. Union pushed back and the company gave up at the table and agreed to 'promptly'.
Back from the dead.

Any new LAA updates on reserve with the new contract? How many hours flown? What are the current feelings?
4  5  6  7  8 
Page 8 of 8
Go to