Holy cow, can CNN possibly get any worse?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
A routine VFR traffic call gets headlined JETBLUE NARROWLY AVOIDS MIDAIR DISASTER...

Hear cockpit audio from plane's midair near-miss - CNN Video

ATC audio becomes "audio from those terrifying moments inside the cockpit!"

"We're looking, Jetblue 94" becomes "we're looking, definitely 94!"

"We got them in sight" becomes "We got them inside!" (Oh my God, the traffic is inside! Get 'em out! Get 'em out!)

"Maintain visual" becomes "Maintain distance!"

The two-talking-at-once sound becomes "What you heard there -- that long beep -- that was the alarm from the collision warning system!"

CNN's pure ineptitude and incompetence leaves me speechless. I mean, how hard is it to ask someone who knows? Or is their policy to just guess if they don't know something? Wow.
Wow. Great catch and analysis is the recording. It's hard to imagine reporting like this could get any worse. CNN is just a shadow of its former glory days. It's all about selling erection pills and various other drugs. If sensational headlines gets eyeballs on the screen, that's what we get.
Is CNN still on the air???
Quote: A routine VFR traffic call gets headlined JETBLUE NARROWLY AVOIDS MIDAIR DISASTER...

Hear cockpit audio from plane's midair near-miss - CNN Video

ATC audio becomes "audio from those terrifying moments inside the cockpit!"

"We're looking, Jetblue 94" becomes "we're looking, definitely 94!"

"We got them in sight" becomes "We got them inside!" (Oh my God, the traffic is inside! Get 'em out! Get 'em out!)

"Maintain visual" becomes "Maintain distance!"

The two-talking-at-once sound becomes "What you heard there -- that long beep -- that was the alarm from the collision warning system!"

CNN's pure ineptitude and incompetence leaves me speechless. I mean, how hard is it to ask someone who knows? Or is their policy to just guess if they don't know something? Wow.
They must have pulled it, it says not available.
I see they quickly removed the video.

What's scary is if they're so sloppy with aviation stories and obviously have no problem just making stuff up, what about all their other stories? I'm sure that culture of "don't research, just guess" must permeate their whole company.
If I see Dick Quest or that Renee Marsh again I will throw a brick through the screen. I don't understand why they can't find someone who actually flies the A-320 to discuss the Air Asia accident. Or to find an actual controller when discussing ATC deals.
Just stop poisoning your mind with these overpaid, vacuous, sold-out corporate-govt. shills. The mainstream is owned, bought and paid for. They are nothing more than a "reality" show.
Finally the power of the interweb has been used for good. After your post it took fewer than 90 minutes to get those brainless wonders at the Confused News-ish Network to turn tail and run.

BRAVO ZULU ATCBob!
$$$$$
It's all about getting page hits. More visits == more ad revenue.
Holy cow, can CNN possibly get any worse?
Hey, at least they ***canned Glenn Beck and his creepy conspiracy theory show, and for that I will always be thankful!
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to