Fedex to Buy TNT

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to
Quote: I thought Lil Jerry was from DHL?
Nope, L'J. is Brown.
FWS on CNBC
Fred's going on CNBC in a few minutes....
FWS interview
FWS cited strong dollar. Thinks EU will approve (natch...), is quite different than the UPS deal that failed.

Bullish on low oil pricing; likes fracking. Sees maybe $60/bbl by end of year.
cites synergies in Europe for pickup and deliveries.

Nothing said at all about air routes or pilots.
Quote: FWS cited strong dollar. Thinks EU will approve (natch...), is quite different than the UPS deal that failed.

Bullish on low oil pricing; likes fracking. Sees maybe $60/bbl by end of year.
cites synergies in Europe for pickup and deliveries.

Nothing said at all about air routes or pilots.
...Or a contract??!!!!
Just like to point out Fred stated this will result in a further anticipated 1.7 billion dollar profit for FedEx. Keep this in mind just in case any of those who are weak in mind and constitution start wavering on the contract when the company starts throwing distracting "bones" around. There is no deal until EU agrees anyway. Ain't no Fat Lady singing, contract OR TNT tune.
So please don't allow this to distract and divide!
4.8 Billion. Where's my contract. The price just went up, 25 percent retro pay.
The hits at the brown stain just keep on coming. How they say is business is anyones guess. Maybe Fedex will buy UPS next? Anyone got that number to that driving school?
From Bloomberg Business:

FedEx, calling the purchase a “match made in heaven,” said the timing was right for the approach, with a stronger dollar and a budding European recovery. FedEx has a chance to succeed where UPS failed as it has less overlap with TNT and has agreed to shed TNT’s airline operations in an effort to win approval.
Interesting distraction RIGHT in the middle of Contract Negotiations!*? "A match made in heaven"?

Look at my right hand ... never mind what in my left hand?

First we'll get pay and benefit concessions from the pilots, then we'll "shed" the TNT concept. Then it'll be time for another 5 years of pilot contract negotiations?

Stall, Stall, Stall ...

From Wikipedia so I'm not sure how accurate the info is. Most of the aircraft are operated by subcontractors so shedding the aircraft should be relatively straightforward. The 3 B777F's are owned by Titan Leasing (Atlas Worldwide subsidiary) and leased back to TNT.

TNT Airways fleet
Aircraft In Service Orders Notes
BAe 146-300QT 7 — 2 operated by PAN Air
Boeing 737-300F 8 — 2 operated by Bluebird Cargo
Boeing 737-400F 9 3 1 operated by Bluebird Cargo
Boeing 747-400ERF 4 — 2 wet-leased from Emirates
Boeing 757-200F 4 — 2 operated by Icelandair, 1 operated by Cygnus Air
Boeing 777F 3 —
Tupolev Tu-204-120C 1 — Operated by Cairo Aviation
Total 32. 3
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8