Log Books...Regular or Computer...

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Whats the thought on taking the printed logs off a computer log program instead of packing in the 4-5-6 books into an interview?

Presenting it in a nice neat format, maybe printed and bound?

Thx
Computer, looks better and makes it a lot easier to fill out applications.
My preference is a printed-and-bound digital logbook.
Both, print and bind for presentation purposes. Bring the originals to back it up.
I used my originals with no issue. My handwriting is horrible too. They didn't seem to even care about my logbook. I had flagged all of my check rides so they could easily flip to them and didn't have to search around for anything. I would probably suggest that you at least do that.
Electronic for me... I received many compliment on how well and organized it looks.
Thx guys,
I got the Log Ten Pro logbook about 6 months ago and really just use it, my regular log books are really behind for this reason.

So. For an interview, if I were to do a multi-page printout of my logbook and place that it a nice notebook, this would be acceptable?

Thx again.
Computer and if you're an Apple guy LogTen is basically the way to go (don't get me started on the new pricing method they're using for us old users).

It's a PITA to convert your old logbooks if you're OCD like I am but once you've done that its literally the best way.
Quote:
So. For an interview, if I were to do a multi-page printout of my logbook and place that it a nice notebook, this would be acceptable?

Thx again.

No. It looks cheesy. Also, don't spiral bind it, for the same reason. It looks really cheesy.

Buy a professional binder, like this one for example.

Thank you to our customers! We're trying to respond to you as quickly as possible! - Logbook Solutions-Home

When it's time to print out your logbook, send the file over to Kinkos and print it on their green paper. It's a 99% match to the paper used in the Jeppesen paper logbooks.

Or have fun with it; applying at jetBlue? Print it on blue paper. Spirit? Yellow paper. You get the idea.
Puter.

I tell all the new guys i see to start digital early, It makes it much easier to read/present and you can back it up. I use logbook pro and it takes a little figuring out/educating the Kinko's guy if you need to print it but its pretty user friendly. Aside from that filling out any time related paperwork takes 5 minutes. I also dont pay for the cloud, i just email a copy of the file to my email every time i update. (free!)
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to