Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 16
Go to
Quote: At least you got what you expected. Did you really think you would get anything different?
Well...I was hoping.
Don't leave out the Chinese Navy on guard...

"Dis isa Chi-niece Naby. Chi-niece Naby. Yew goh now! NOOOOOWWWW!!"
Quote: Well...I was hoping.
We're labor (well, most of us)...not professionals...
Quote: 237 posts and you're just figuring this out?
I rarely visit this site, much less post.

It seems that there has been a recent increase in unprofessional behavior on 121.5. I was hoping that this new generation of "professionals" could carry the torch. Sadly, I don't think most of the new generation of airline pilots could hold a candle to the likes of Captain Sullenberger or Captain Haynes when it comes to professionalism.
This isn't the military. Maybe time to retire.
Quote: Saying anything other than emergency communication over 121.5 is as juvenile as fart jokes. It's not funny.
Thank you. At least someone understands.
Quote: This isn't the military. Maybe time to retire.
I'm sorry. Could you explain?
Quote: Give a man a mask and you will see his true self
So true. And so sad.
Quote: I rarely visit this site, much less post.

It seems that there has been a recent increase in unprofessional behavior on 121.5. I was hoping that this new generation of "professionals" could carry the torch. Sadly, I don't think most of the new generation of airline pilots could hold a candle to the likes of Captain Sullenberger or Captain Haynes when it comes to professionalism.
They are both military trained pilots.

Is your point that in situations of extreme danger or emergencies that most of the current generation of pilots cannot react and respond in a life saving way?

Are you aware that there were crashes "back in the day?" Generationally speaking only.

I don't think you will find much disagreement that using guard for monkey noises and fart sounds is unacceptable behavior.

However, your correlation of guard vs emergency response is at a minimum a leap of nonsequiturian proportions.
Heard an actual emergency on guard once from a very frightened GA aviator and just before ATC chimed in, someone had the brilliant idea to mention in what seemed all seriousness "you're on guard"... Twice ....I was just blown away. The "jokes" on guard do get old though. Carry On.

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 16
Go to