UPS to hire 33

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
Just announced via union email. No idea how many classes, what airplanes, or when. Welcome!

(Now for the incoming "don't come here" responses...not they don't have some validity)
I'm about to put in an application--even after reading what you guys are saying
33?? They're so f.....king odd in everything they do even they hiring numbers. Congrats and welcome.
And I bet it's gonna be 28 ipa and 5 superman.
Quote: I'm about to put in an application--even after reading what you guys are saying
Go for it and good luck! But there are certainly over 33 in the pool.
Quote: Go for it and good luck! But there are certainly over 33 in the pool.
But they don't have to hire solely from the pool. Its a "best score" situation, not a "first-in first-out" of the pool ... FWIW

Quote: But they don't have to hire solely from the pool. Its a "best score" situation, not a "first-in first-out" of the pool ... FWIW

Yes, you can be in the pool for years while someone who was interviewed yesterday could be in class next week.
Quote: And I bet it's gonna be 28 ipa and 5 superman.
Could be although historically the pilot hiring announcements have always pertained to real pilots.
Then they'd bring in a few über-drones here and there.
The pool might be smaller than we think. An acquaintance who knows a couple of manglers was told they'd already lost several poolies to other airlines. ..and I'm betting quite of few of the remaining ones have interviewed or are about to interview at other places.

A friend started at united last week and was told they'd like to hire 1,600 pilots in the next 18 months or so!! Not sure how accurate the information really is, and I'm comparing apples to oranges here, but that's almost three times as many pilots as we just announced - PER MONTH!
Quote: Had dinner with a UAL FO tonight...he said the same thing
Nothing different about UAL management, they all talk crap when they need too.

But, even if that number is off by 50%, they could hire 800 in 18 months. UPS would hire 800 in 18 years, maybe.

I hope these new 33 do not become the furlough fodder of 2017 if contract talks heat up by that time.

So.....has anyone gotten a call yet?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to