Dear MEC & LEC - Please vote this TA DOWN

Subscribe
14  20  21  22  23  24 
Page 24 of 24
Go to
Quote: Tell us, oh wise one, how those sleep rooms they're going to build someday are helping people sleep tonight.

Since lots of words seem to confuse, I'll try the short version.

The CBA concession has made the sleep room shortage worse, and we saw it coming even before the ink on the TA was dry.

Given the invitation to shoot ourselves in the foot, you loaded the gun and squeezed the trigger.

The requirement was changed from 4 hours to 5 (with available sleep rooms). It is being enforced at 3:45, which last I checked is less (better) than 4. In as few words as possible please explain how walking around zombie like is a function of the last contract.

You are claiming 5.B.1.h is not applicable since there are not enough sleep rooms for every pilot with at least a 2.5 hour turn. Therefore 5.B.1.a and b are the applicable paragraphs. Which are exactly the same as pre CBA 2015.
Had you been paying attention to my post 162 you would not be so confused.

Quote: We don't know what it says, it is rumored to say that in order to not use hotels they must have enough sleep rooms for anyone who has a 2.5 hour turn. That means for Indy night turns they will either need more rooms or continue as is...
4:29 turns...and yet I’ve still got a hotel room at the Wyndham

Rare miss for TonyC on this one. Company actually expanded access to a private room versus an oh well, recliner room is down the hall shrug-rooms are full
Quote: Given the invitation to shoot ourselves in the foot, you loaded the gun and squeezed the trigger.
Yeah, we got it rough.
Quote: 4:29 turns...and yet I’ve still got a hotel room at the Wyndham

Rare miss for TonyC on this one. Company actually expanded access to a private room versus an oh well, recliner room is down the hall shrug-rooms are full
To be fair to the negotiators, the company was required to expand access to 4 hours, and if the Captain expects the sort to be 30 minutes late to 3:31, at least according to 5.B.1.b. This is how they should have written the Flat Bed Seat Language.
Quote:
4:29 turns...and yet I’ve still got a hotel room at the Wyndham

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing The Company for making more hotel rooms available. Maybe we can get that in the CBA so they could make it permanent.

The only purpose of my post was to observe that while some of us protested the concession before the TA vote, others poo-pooed the issue, claiming it was but a minor issue, and they didn't mind giving it up. Now, even The Company sees the importance of having "day-room" hotels for hub turns.

I'm told The Company has been using 4 hours as the trigger for hotels since there have not been sufficient sleep rooms, and I think it's great that the Fatigue Event Review Committee and the SIG have been able to work that time down to 3:45 for pilots hub turning in IND, AFW, GSO, and OAK. However, you can be assured as soon as schedules and facilities (i.e., number of available sleep rooms) allows, that time will spring back to 4:00, and 5:00.

Quote: Tell us, oh wise one, how those sleep rooms they're going to build someday are helping people sleep tonight.

Since lots of words seem to confuse, I'll try the short version.

The CBA concession has made the sleep room shortage worse, and we saw it coming even before the ink on the TA was dry.

Given the invitation to shoot ourselves in the foot, you loaded the gun and squeezed the trigger.

Please reconcile this snarky post with the last one. Or are you claiming CBA 2015 made the sleep room shortage worse in 2022. Again if there is a sleep room shortage, there is no concession.
Quote:
... there is no concession.

Yeah.

Keep telling yourself that.

Quote: Yeah.

Keep telling yourself that.

Good one. Let me know if you are still confused by Section 5.B.
14  20  21  22  23  24 
Page 24 of 24
Go to