Augmented Duty Periods 767 w/No Rest Area

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I'm surprised no gnashing of teeth over 12.D.h. I'm not on the 767, but had the misfortune of multiple ocean crossings/>8 block hr rides with no rest area in my previous life. My 2 cents, no augmented duty in the 76 without a rest area. If they wanted to use them long haul, should've acquired aircraft that were appropriately configured.
And again in the current contract they can fly augmented duty in the 75 and 76. Nothing stops them. The Feds only require a dedicated rest facility on duty over 12. The section of the TA you quote is a plus, if I am required to do it I want 36 off in between duty periods. Thank you NC. If anything this will encourage the company to keep the heat on Boeing to get their "Rest Can" approved.
And my understanding is the bar had already been set by UPS. They do block over 8 in the 767 with no rest facility and everyone stuck in the cockpit.
Actually, the bar was set a long time ago. We did this with the DC10 when it was flying Intl.
Quote: Actually, the bar was set a long time ago. We did this with the DC10 when it was flying Intl.
For that matter they did it in the 72 also. 3 man crews could fly 12 hours of block vice 8. From memory though so I could be wrong.
First hand info, the company plans to put the 767 in VCP. They planned it for February, but that may slide a few months.
Quote: First hand info, the company plans to put the 767 in VCP. They planned it for February, but that may slide a few months.
Whether the TA passes or not.
767 in VCP to do the south cone?
MD11 still does MEM-VCP?
Quote: 767 in VCP to do the south cone?
MD11 still does MEM-VCP?
Nope in place of the MD. Good thing that was a 2 year bid.
A-310-300s were flying CDG-XXX (don't remember where) with an RFO years ago. No rest facility. At least you could lay on a futon on the courier area. No hot meals.

B-727/DC-8/B-747/DC-10 were all flying up to 12 BH with no rest facility or relief pilot.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to