RAH 145 or 175?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
So I have a class date with Republic for Jan 6 in the 175. HR calls me yesterday and says that they are now offering a $20,000 signing bonus in the 145 since I have previous 145 experience. I was looking forward to flying the 175 but the 20 grand is very appealing too. Anyone on the inside who can offer some insight?
Quote: So I have a class date with Republic for Jan 6 in the 175. HR calls me yesterday and says that they are now offering a $20,000 signing bonus in the 145 since I have previous 145 experience. I was looking forward to flying the 175 but the 20 grand is very appealing too. Anyone on the inside who can offer some insight?
What are the conditions to the 20k? Is it paid upfront or over the course of a year(or more)? Will RAH be flying the 145 in a year? If the fleet is parked and you're swapped into the 175, will you still get the 20k?

I'd find all that out first. Call HR back and see if they'll send you the terms to the bonus.
What airline do you work for where Republic seems like the best place to jump ship to?
On the 145 you will be on reserve for the foreseeable future. 175 possibly as short as 5 months.
I'm guessing either TSA or XJT......the ONLY 145 operators...for now....and I'm also surprised RAH can afford the 20K plus 40K+ first year pay.....
Word has it that they're hiring into the 145 because there aren't enough slots in training for the 170 and they want people to come in. Therefore, if you take the 145, you'll get a great bonus and you'll come to the 170 as soon as they park the 170. If you're a commuter, this might not be a good choice since you'll be on reserve for quite a while on the 145.
I thought they were offering only $12,500.00 bonus for the 145

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: What airline do you work for where Republic seems like the best place to jump ship to?
I'm currently at ExpressJet. I've been here almost 2 years and I'm tired of reserve and the empty promises from management.

I'm leaning toward the 175. I don't know if the extra bonus money is worth sitting on reserve for an extended period of time.

Yeah, it was $12,500 but I got a call yesterday and an email today that they raised it to $20,000 for the 145.
If you get the full 20k by the completion of IOE, I would go for it. Any longer and I would stick to the 175. As you said before, if you are sick of reserve, the 145 might not be a good idea anyway.
The 20k signing bonus is being offered to better their case in deltas lawsuit. They have to make an effort to recruit for the 145 in order to show the court the staffing issue is not their fault. The plan is to park all 145s by may 16th I believe. If you don't mind training, take the 20k with the expectation you'll be in a 170 class a few months later.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to