Getting a job in a Major after an Incident

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if its possible to get a job as pilot in an airline if we had an incident with our previous employer?

thanks all for your infos and advises.

Safe flight to you all.

CM.
Anything is possible. However I think it might be difficult depending on the nature of the incident and the action taken. Some airlines will view things differently. You need to seek specifics from the carriers you're in interested in working for. Decide where you're interested in going and then try to find people with knowledge of their hiring practices.

General answers here will probably be of little utility.
What kind of incident? Is it an incident or an accident? What have you learned from it? Are you owning it or blaming third parties? All this will have an influence on the matter......, I had an engine failure back in the day on a 172 that ended in a ditching in the Bahamas....., I have documentation from the NTSB and I declare it in every application (even with jobs abroad that specifically say "No accidents or incidents") never really been a problem even at jobs with the majors in the US or jobs abroad.

Depends really on what it is...., if you are a little more specific, maybe you will get an answer from somebody with actual experience on the matter.

Good luck
Quote: I had an engine failure back in the day on a 172 that ended in a ditching in the Bahamas.
Did you survive?
I have a friend hired by DAL who had a King Air crash pinned solely on him by the USAF and Iraqi AF. Major damage, no deaths. BS political white washing, but it was there nonetheless.
Quote: Hi everyone,

I would like to know if its possible to get a job as pilot in an airline if we had an incident with our previous employer?

thanks all for your infos and advises.

Safe flight to you all.

CM.
Yo Dude, spill the beans, tell us what happened so we can give you a more informed answer.
Most "incidents" are not pilot error (flap failure, hyd failure, engine shutdown, smoke ...) I listed half a dozen or so and none were questioned.

Are you asking about "violations?"
I have an incident on my record (hit a runway light landing in a snowstorm). No violations.

It does make things trickier, but if you're a solid candidate, you will get a shot. I've been fortunate to interview at 2 different legacy carriers.
Quote: Did you survive?
Nah, he died. But on his deathbed he achieved supreme consciousness, so he's got that going for him.

Which is nice.
Quote: Nah, he died. But on his deathbed he achieved supreme consciousness.
Still can't manage to win an argument with my wife...., so "supreme" has its limits.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to