Southwest Hiring Info 2016

Subscribe
36  76  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  96  136  186 
Page 86 of 257
Go to
Quote: Anybody hear any rumors about the new training center? Thought they were supposed to break ground in Jan, but doesn't look like anything has been done yet.
It's happening just not sure of the date. They are going to go from 10 to 26 sims total. I'll check my notes and see if I wrote down a date.
Quote: It's happening just not sure of the date. They are going to go from 10 to 26 sims total. I'll check my notes and see if I wrote down a date.
Groundbreaking is this spring. Will be 18 sims with room for, I believe, 24-26.
In the briefing, they said it would take 2 years.
Quote: Groundbreaking is this spring. Will be 18 sims with room for, I believe, 24-26.
The million dollar question is are they anticipating having to train a couple thousand A320/EMB pilots after buying another airline or do they have plans to need those sims for off the street hires?
Quote: The million dollar question is are they anticipating having to train a couple thousand A320/EMB pilots after buying another airline or do they have plans to need those sims for off the street hires?

The A320/EMB operator in question already has a state of the art training center at MCO that includes a company-owned hotel. It doesn't even look like it was decorated by raiding a military pilot's attic! [emoji23]
Quote: The A320/EMB operator in question already has a state of the art training center at MCO that includes a company-owned hotel. It doesn't even look like it was decorated by raiding a military pilot's attic! [emoji23]
That's refreshing
I had a great time at WAI. Breif was great and with a fast pass we were able to sit down with one of their pilots. My guy was able to make a few recommendations on my app which I was happy to accept.

Changes made.......annnnnd now the wait.
Quote: Groundbreaking is this spring. Will be 18 sims with room for, I believe, 24-26.

Ditto what I heard from a check airman I am flying with (black tie).
Next two 800 sims are going into the engine shop. When the new TC is doneish, they will move existing sims at rate of approx two per month into the facility until they are complete along with new deliveries.
New TC is across the street next to the NOC in what is now a soccer field.
He wasn't big on rumors and said the only credible thing he has heard is that hiring will continue and the advertised numbers are correct to his knowledge.
Would love to hear some 2017 forecast numbers since there are only about another 200-300 remaining for 2016
Quote: Would love to hear some 2017 forecast numbers since there are only about another 200-300 remaining for 2016

I haven't seen anything official or credible, but I have heard through the grapevine that the current trend will continue.

I am also curious about the front loading of the hiring. They did it in 2014 when 117 and AirTran made it a necessity, but if they throttle back now, there will be a lot of slack in the TC over the summer and fall. Not complaining either way or predicting anything, but in the past they have generally over delivered on their promise of hiring numbers. I am interested to see if that is the case this year as well.
36  76  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  96  136  186 
Page 86 of 257
Go to