"too many redirects"

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to
I have closed the big Trans States thread and looks like someone started a new one.

I have copied around 34 posts from the big ASA/ExpressJet thread into a new thread called New Son of ASA/ExpressJet. Closed the old one.

Please report these big behemoths when they become intolerable.
You guys got it!
Thanks, vagabond, you rock!!

Quote: I have closed the big Trans States thread and looks like someone started a new one.

I have copied around 34 posts from the big ASA/ExpressJet thread into a new thread called New Son of ASA/ExpressJet. Closed the old one.

Please report these big behemoths when they become intolerable.
Quote: Thanks, vagabond, you rock!!
Thanks. I know.
Quote: Someone recently started a new TSA thread, which solves the redirect problem, obviously, but it sucks that many valid posts will be lost if the problem is not resolved. Someone new to the site may try to go to LAST PAGE, it never opens, so they don't get to read the older posts in the previous thread.

Correcting the redirects error would be primo solution #1. Another option would be to create a new thread, and copy/paste about 20 pages worth of posts into it. Probably not easy to do using vBulletin, but perhaps a first post with a copy/paste of text body from the older messages might suffice.

Just some ideas...
Unfortunately, because the error relates to how many posts are in the thread, I am not sure that there is anything tech can do.

I am no tech, but it seems to me that the size of the thread coupled with a large number of deleted posts results in the errors everyone has experienced relating to the "last page/post" features, especially since these errors aren't present on smaller threads.
PSA thread now having issues
Not sure if it is just me, but now I am unable to load the PSA thread unless I go to page 1, then navigate right as much as I can to get to the last page. "Last page" just times out as it did with the TSA thread below.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/re...sa-thread.html
Quote: Not sure if it is just me, but now I am unable to load the PSA thread unless I go to page 1, then navigate right as much as I can to get to the last page. "Last page" just times out as it did with the TSA thread below.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/re...sa-thread.html
The thread is pretty large. It might be time to open a new one.
Plus 100. Tried 5 times today, can't load it. Vagabond, can you work your magic on the PSA thread I mentioned as you did the other thread? Copied posts and all?

Thanks!

Quote: The thread is pretty large. It might be time to open a new one.
Hey all! I had the techs hammer a few things in the backroom, and they say this should work better now.

Are the redirects, last post/page, etc errors gone?
If you try to go to page 18728 of this thread, you get redirected to page 18726.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ma...out-delta.html
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to