Should I leave ZW for PDT or Commutair?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 14
Go to
Quote: Am I the only FO here who can't get ANYTHING dropped??
When I was ORF based it was very difficult to get anything dropped. In DCA I've been able to drop entire 4 day trips
Quote: I like this thread. So far, not too off topic. And not one snotty remark telling the OP to "man up and do some research" or "use the search function, that's what it's there for". Constructive comments. Good advice. It's been nice to read it.

Hopefully this trend will continue when a noob comes to APC asking (what may seem silly or obvious) questions. That would be nice, indeed.
I was thinking the same thing. Bunch of Positive inputs.
Quote: I was thinking the same thing. Bunch of Positive inputs.
I'm actually surprised at how billyho has changed since leaving PDT. It's actually kind of nice to see how you contribute rather than flame away. Dare I say it's a welcome change to AWAC threads?
Commute to RSV?? I think that would be a mistake. Especially if you live in base at AWAC. A old captain at mainline once told me to go to each airline and pretend it will be your last. Not saying you always will, but "could" you be happy there. Regionals are a different story obviously, pending any political/monetary catastrophe I think the next few years people will all move on. But that being said starting over at the bottom would be tough.
Quote: I'm actually surprised at how billyho has changed since leaving PDT. It's actually kind of nice to see how you contribute rather than flame away. Dare I say it's a welcome change to AWAC threads?
hahaha, I've never flamed. It was just some people didn't like hearing what I had to say.
Not to mention...AWAC lost the United flying during a time when there was little to no work out there for anyone! Having a contract end during a time of need should be no problem. There is plenty of work out there for everyone! A good, smart, pragmatic, group of business owners know how to adapt to the environment they are working in. When the time comes to adapt, it will happen. The question will be, will the pilots of AWAC be a help or hindrance.
Guys, I wanted to thank you for all the input. My wife and I decided to stay with AWAC, I really like it here, plus leaving in base with a family its something else. Plus there is always a chance that AWAC will continue. I figure that in 2-3 years with my time I might land a job at a major at least(crossing fingers). I was hesitant to post here since there is a lot of negativity, but i am glad this thread stayed on point. Hopefully these cheese heads do a better job recruiting, instead of giving 100 dollar gift card.
Thanks Again.
Quote: Guys, I wanted to thank you for all the input. My wife and I decided to stay with AWAC, I really like it here, plus leaving in base with a family its something else. Plus there is always a chance that AWAC will continue. I figure that in 2-3 years with my time I might land a job at a major at least(crossing fingers). I was hesitant to post here since there is a lot of negativity, but i am glad this thread stayed on point. Hopefully these cheese heads do a better job recruiting, instead of giving 100 dollar gift card.
Thanks Again.
Unless Awac is buying some new aircraft and getting rid of all of those old,beat to hell 200's,they won't be able to secure any new flying. ....period.
Quote: Guys, I wanted to thank you for all the input. My wife and I decided to stay with AWAC, I really like it here, plus leaving in base with a family its something else. Plus there is always a chance that AWAC will continue. I figure that in 2-3 years with my time I might land a job at a major at least(crossing fingers). I was hesitant to post here since there is a lot of negativity, but i am glad this thread stayed on point. Hopefully these cheese heads do a better job recruiting, instead of giving 100 dollar gift card.
Thanks Again.
Living in base is da bomb! Probably a smart move. You'll know when to bail out and right now I don't think that writing is on the AWAC wall just yet.
Quote: Unless Awac is buying some new aircraft and getting rid of all of those old,beat to hell 200's,they won't be able to secure any new flying. ....period.
So why are other airlines acquiring 50-seaters if there is not a place in the market for them?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 14
Go to