Why We Need To Be Talking About ALPA

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 10 of 15
Go to
Quote: Pardon me for jumping in but voting in ALPA isn't going to solve your problem of unity and lack of leadership.
Respectfully disagree.

The problem at AAL right now is that the pilots (membership) are completely disengaged, unmotivated, and split a hundred different ways. There is no fight left, due to the realization of just how ineffective APA is.

With a switch back to ALPA, my belief is that the membership would be re-energized and newly motivated under the prospect of a new and effective union with muscles that has delivered ILC's for the other big 3 currently in ALPA. This membership switch in mood is essential in rallying behind the new leaders and will lead to some much needed leverage.
Quote: aa73,

I personally respect the work you do and your drive, but my question is whether a new union structure - ALPA or USAPA II - (with probably the same people) will significantly change AA from being the bottom of the league.I personally think that the fault lies with the individuals and not with the structure or the name of the union.

How can one expect leading this profession if the mind set is always "we have always done it this way"? The change has to come from within. If you want a fresh start, replace (all?) the people, not the structure.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Changing representation won't do much good if the same guys are in leadership positions within the new union.
Quote: This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Changing representation won't do much good if the same guys are in leadership positions within the new union.
A new leadership would be elected with a switch to ALPA.
Quote: A new leadership would be elected with a switch to ALPA.
Is it POSSIBLE that the same guys could run and get elected back in into the same or similar positions?

Isn't it true that the APA has the same structure that they did before they left ALPA in 1963?

How will a NATIONAL organization comprised of two other major ALPA unions (Delta and United) do what this organization has been unable to do before or since the merger? Run TV/newspaper ads and picket?

Keep dreaming and wasting our money.
Who? And if they have the leadership skills why aren't they in office now?
Quote: Who? And if they have the leadership skills why aren't they in office now?
No clue. Maybe the timing isn't right? Family issues? Who knows. But it's something I would push for, and would expect.
Quote: Is it POSSIBLE that the same guys could run and get elected back in into the same or similar positions?

Isn't it true that the APA has the same structure that they did before they left ALPA in 1963?

How will a NATIONAL organization comprised of two other major ALPA unions (Delta and United) do what this organization has been unable to do before or since the merger? Run TV/newspaper ads and picket?

Keep dreaming and wasting our money.
So now you're "suddenly concerned" with your dues money after all this time bashing unions? Any money that would be spent on an ALPA campaign would pay itself back ten times over with better representation...yeah, even for you my friend.

No dreaming. Just putting passion into action.
In contract talks, do Delta and United have professional ALPA negotiators at the table or do they just use a bunch of pilots like we do at APA?

How would that happen? The same jerks would just get re-elected.

(If a recall is what we are after, a recall could be done through APA.)
Quote: In contract talks, do Delta and United have professional ALPA negotiators at the table or do they just use a bunch of pilots like we do at APA?

Same idiot pilot negotiators.
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 10 of 15
Go to