Pilot interview

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
Can anyone tell me the secret to getting an interview at United other than filling out an Application on AirlineApps.com?
How long ago did you fill it out? They usually call you 4 weeks after you submit your app.

Seriously have you read any of the other threads on this subject?? Your question will be answered (or rather, not answered) ad nauseam.

Good luck
I update it every 3 months
Quote: I update it every 3 months
Yup straight to the garbage can your app goes.

Update AT LEAST once a month.
The secret these days is acquiring a rec from a chief pilot. Other than that, it's anybody's guess.

Good luck!
One of the most disheartening and motivating things about trying to get on with a legacy is that there are a 4000+ people that look just like you on paper. Go to a career fair and stand in line with harrier pilots, guys with 15,000 hrs, and regional guys that have been captains for a decade. You dont need to be perfect to get the job but you definitely need to put in more effort than the other guys to get noticed. Career fairs, network, letters of rec, proofing your app every other month, keep updating, and don't get discouraged.
Quote: The secret these days is acquiring a rec from a chief pilot. Other than that, it's anybody's guess.

Good luck!
I thought that applicant even admitting that they know the CP would make them suspect.
Quote: One of the most disheartening and motivating things about trying to get on with a legacy is that there are a 4000+ people that look just like you on paper. Go to a career fair and stand in line with harrier pilots, guys with 15,000 hrs, and regional guys that have been captains for a decade. You dont need to be perfect to get the job but you definitely need to put in more effort than the other guys to get noticed. Career fairs, network, letters of rec, proofing your app every other month, keep updating, and don't get discouraged.
Exactly, FedEx your resume rolled up inside a uniform shoe with a note that says "Now that I've got my foot in the door". That always makes an impression.
Fail!

If you are flying, update it every two weeks and make sure nothing with a hard expiration date is expired in airline apps.

Good Luck!
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to