Delta Bases

Subscribe
35  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49 
Page 45 of 52
Go to
Quote: True, but its not just "the 405" - you can basically draw a 20 mile circle around LAX between 0530 and 0930 and 1430-1930 and most freeways are gridlocked. And by gridlocked I mean dead stopped - pull forward 30 feet, dead stop pull ahead 20 feet - etc.

Scoop
And it's only getting worse. Rolled into the office today to pick up some paperwork. 45 miles door to door each way. Two hours going, two and a half coming back. Between 10 and 3. Yuck.
Clt-atl
Anyone doing (or know someone who is) the CLT-ATL commute? I plan to settle near CLT, and it seems like there are plenty of flights between the two.
Quote: And it's only getting worse. Rolled into the office today to pick up some paperwork. 45 miles door to door each way. Two hours going, two and a half coming back. Between 10 and 3. Yuck.
Jesus. That's insane. And people pay a huge premium to live on that? I was born/grew up in the Caribbean so I'm not a stranger to the economics of sunshine taxes, but continental urban/suburban living is not that indignant that it makes the above a better alternative. People act like everything east of LAX and west of JFK is Minot ND in the winter.
A few pages back someone stated MSP was stagnant and would stay that way. Any insight to when it could start to move again? Will there be a large exodus of NWA guys at some point for retirements. Seems most people dread the cold, I love it and dream of the day to be based there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: A few pages back someone stated MSP was stagnant and would stay that way. Any insight to when it could start to move again? Will there be a large exodus of NWA guys at some point for retirements. Seems most people dread the cold, I love it and dream of the day to be based there.

Doubt there will be a huge exodus anytime soon. ALOT of the SSP and Flows live in MSP and most people there will never leave. There will be some movement but not massive. Thats just my opinion though based on being based there with my regional and talking with mainline guys. Anything can happen in this hiring/retirement environment though.
Quote: Doubt there will be a huge exodus anytime soon. ALOT of the SSP and Flows live in MSP and most people there will never leave.
I would guess so far there might be 200-300 SSP/flows that are in MSP or will return to MSP. Not sure how many pilots the MSP base has. Even if there is no growth in block hours there will be movement due to retirements and upgrades.
Quote: Anyone doing (or know someone who is) the CLT-ATL commute? I plan to settle near CLT, and it seems like there are plenty of flights between the two.
It's full a lot of times. Plan for some good jumpseat time. It's probably worth it to drive for the peace of mind and time saved vs being bumped from full flights.
Quote: Doubt there will be a huge exodus anytime soon. ALOT of the SSP and Flows live in MSP and most people there will never leave. There will be some movement but not massive. Thats just my opinion though based on being based there with my regional and talking with mainline guys. Anything can happen in this hiring/retirement environment though.

Is it taking about a year for MD88 folks to get back to MSP?

Quote: Anyone doing (or know someone who is) the CLT-ATL commute? I plan to settle near CLT, and it seems like there are plenty of flights between the two.
If I was going to live near CLT, I'd look hard at commuting to NYC. Lots of flights, on-line and off, and much better seniority.
Quote: If you think the traffic on the north side of Atlanta is bad, steer clear of SEA. It's horrendous. Everybody is forced into the I-5 corridor due to the water on one side and the mountains on the other. The bridges are huge bottlenecks, too.

Good to know. We checked out the Kennesaw/Acworth area yesterday and actually saw a lot that we liked. It has a few options to get to the airport so I can scout out the traffic situation before I depart. We can get a lot of house up there compared to SLC or SEA. May give it a shot.
35  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49 
Page 45 of 52
Go to