Emirates people

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Site is pretty wall-to-wall with Emirates ads lately. Anyone know if the people featured in those ads are "real people," i.e., actual Emirates pilots & their families?

I ask due to curiosity. Some of those pictures in the ads appear... suspect, based on the times I've been over there.

The one pic of the gal doing yoga with the Burj Al Arab in the background, for example; or the gal riding the bike; or the guy jogging: these are all fairly normal activities, except for the cultural implications of how they're dressed. We had a guy from my USAF squadron get arrested for going jogging, dressed essentially the same as the guy in the ad. Women seem to have a special hell over there, and wearing biking shorts or yoga pants is not something I'd expect to go over well.

And, I admit, I'm surprised to learn (if it is in fact the case) that Emirates not only has but is recruiting female pilots. Is that not also a cultural taboo over there...?

I have no dog in this fight, there is precisely zero chance I will be applying to Emirates or any other company in the Middle East; again, just caught my eye & I'm curious to know if anyone knows these folks and/or the background of these ads....
Quote: Site is pretty wall-to-wall with Emirates ads lately. Anyone know if the people featured in those ads are "real people," i.e., actual Emirates pilots & their families?

I ask due to curiosity. Some of those pictures in the ads appear... suspect, based on the times I've been over there.

The one pic of the gal doing yoga with the Burj Al Arab in the background, for example; or the gal riding the bike; or the guy jogging: these are all fairly normal activities, except for the cultural implications of how they're dressed. We had a guy from my USAF squadron get arrested for going jogging, dressed essentially the same as the guy in the ad. Women seem to have a special hell over there, and wearing biking shorts or yoga pants is not something I'd expect to go over well.

And, I admit, I'm surprised to learn (if it is in fact the case) that Emirates not only has but is recruiting female pilots. Is that not also a cultural taboo over there...?

I have no dog in this fight, there is precisely zero chance I will be applying to Emirates or any other company in the Middle East; again, just caught my eye & I'm curious to know if anyone knows these folks and/or the background of these ads....
Emirates has plenty of female pilots and female local pilots who are cadets. Also all those activities and dress are fine in UAE, especially DXB. Go to a nightclub on a Thursday night and you'll see dress or lack thereof that would make your head spin in LA. Saying that working for EK is horrible.
Quote: Site is pretty wall-to-wall with Emirates ads lately. Anyone know if the people featured in those ads are "real people," i.e., actual Emirates pilots & their families?

UAE has female pilots in their Air Force.
Been there (UAE) and done that.....never again and wouldnt recommend it to anyone.
Quote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpUJR129m_s
In the first video she's an FO, in the second video that came on she had scrambled eggs on her hat. Maybe she upgraded?
Yes, she's a 777 CA at EK.
I flown with a few new hires at United who came from Emirates. Heard one horror story after another. This isn't a shot against any Emirates pilots, but rather those who run the airline. In my opinion Emirates is a scum bag airline!

I would hope the legacies stage hiring personnel en masse at all Emitates US layover hotels. What a great way to hurt Emirates and also give their pilots a way out of that sh&t hole.
Quote: I flown with a few new hires at United who came from Emirates. Heard one horror story after another. This isn't a shot against any Emirates pilots, but rather those who run the airline. In my opinion Emirates is a scum bag airline!

I would hope the legacies stage hiring personnel en masse at all Emitates US layover hotels. What a great way to hurt Emirates and also give their pilots a way out of that sh&t hole.
You would rather see legacies target people who left the USA to go fly big airplanes in the Middle East for a foreign carrier (one that undercuts the US and our WB intl flying) while there are over 12k regional pilots, many of whom who have been flying your passengers at C scale rates, trying like hell to get on at a legacy? Ok.
Quote: You would rather see legacies target people who left the USA to go fly big airplanes in the Middle East for a foreign carrier (one that undercuts the US and our WB intl flying) while there are over 12k regional pilots, many of whom who have been flying your passengers at C scale rates, trying like hell to get on at a legacy? Ok.
Quote: You would rather see legacies target people who left the USA to go fly big airplanes in the Middle East for a foreign carrier (one that undercuts the US and our WB intl flying) while there are over 12k regional pilots, many of whom who have been flying your passengers at C scale rates, trying like hell to get on at a legacy? Ok.
I'll certainly look forward to flying with someone like you that slugged in out for many years at the regionals while trying to support a family over the globetrotting "look at me, me , me" diva in the video above.
Quote: Emirates has plenty of female pilots and female local pilots who are cadets. Also all those activities and dress are fine in UAE, especially DXB. Go to a nightclub on a Thursday night and you'll see dress or lack thereof that would make your head spin in LA. Saying that working for EK is horrible.
Quote: UAE has female pilots in their Air Force.
Been there (UAE) and done that.....never again and wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

Well, my info is clearly outdated. That's a good thing, in this case....

Thanks for the corrections!
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to