Southwest questions

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 48
Go to
I used prep....not for someone to tell me how to be but to make sure my answers to the TMAAT ?'s were coherent and I wasn't rambling. Oh...and to make sure the stories I picked out were PC enough for a interview.
Quote: Be yourself; you don't need to pay someone to tell you how to do that, do you??
Unless, of course, your "self" is such a buffoon that even you wouldn't hire you. Then a new self must be created.
Yeah np, I have been at a regional for he last 9 years captain for 4 and check airman for the last 2. About 9k title and 2400tpic...Went to WIA and OBAP 2016..... what interview services did you guys use? Were you happy with it?
Quote: Unless, of course, your "self" is such a buffoon that even you wouldn't hire you. Then a new self must be created.

That's funny! And true. Years ago I was invited to a 3 day interview with one company. My wife said "you're screwed". I asked her why and she told me "you're only able to hide your inner butthole for about two hours at a time. 3 days is way past your expiration date."

Showed her. Got the job anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Yeah np, I have been at a regional for he last 9 years captain for 4 and check airman for the last 2. About 9k title and 2400tpic...Went to WIA and OBAP 2016..... what interview services did you guys use? Were you happy with it?
I will echo what flyguy81 said. I also used a prep, mainly for the same reasons. At this stage of the game, I had plenty of stories going into the interview, but I haven't had a no-joke interview in over a decade, and I wanted to present my answers and stories in the best possible way.

If you use the prep to give sample canned answers, you'll get a TBNT letter almost guaranteed. The interview is truly a get-to-know-you event. There's no sim session, or psychometric testing, or some magical testing. They're simply assessing if they can sit with you on a 4-day trip without wanting to jump out the window by day 2.

My class was about even split on interview prep... fwiw
So I hear training is 6 weeks long. Any breaks during that? Weekends off?
Quote: So I hear training is 6 weeks long. Any breaks during that? Weekends off?

Two year old info, but we had one working weekend which happened to be a holiday weekend. The rest were off and most jumpseated home.
The entire course has recently changed though.
For the guys and gals that didn't use professional prep services, what did you read or study to prepare? I was reading some people talk about the book "nuts" is that book still a good read? It's seemed a little older so I wasn't sure if it was relevant. Just looking for suggestions bc I want to make sure I put my best foot forward and get it on the first try.
Quote: For the guys and gals that didn't use professional prep services, what did you read or study to prepare? I was reading some people talk about the book "nuts" is that book still a good read? It's seemed a little older so I wasn't sure if it was relevant. Just looking for suggestions bc I want to make sure I put my best foot forward and get it on the first try.

Read the book. If nothing else, it is a good history lesson on the company and will make you appreciate just how much of that has been lost under uncle Gary.
I know, I am dark and sarcastic this morning. Maybe it was my overnight in the El Paso airport Wyndham with the Mesa crews that made me that way.
Quote: That's funny! And true. Years ago I was invited to a 3 day interview with one company. My wife said "you're screwed". I asked her why and she told me "you're only able to hide your inner butthole for about two hours at a time. 3 days is way past your expiration date."

Showed her. Got the job anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This, and prior TG post are the funniest posts I've seen today. I'd even tell Joe Pesci it is funny.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 48
Go to