Has anyone squeaked in w/o a 4yr degree?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
Just curious if anyone has heard of it happening recently?
Here we go again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It happens, but only for a handful who almost all have an internal connection that 99.99999% of applicants don't have.
Thanks, that satisfies my curiosity.
Quote: It happens, but only for a handful who almost all have an internal connection that 99.99999% of applicants don't have.
Not quite true...
Have two buddies who are here now..both nada on the bachelors..neither had the special blessing you speak of...
BUT....get yourself a four year, 99.00 of the rest of the pilot group have one, or two! Jmho, of course.
Quote: Thanks, that satisfies my curiosity.
I thought the same thing when I saw my first pair.
Quote: I thought the same thing when I saw my first pair.
Thats the best!
Quote: Just curious if anyone has heard of it happening recently?
Don't be discouraged if you don't have the four year degree. I was hired 30+ years ago by United without the degree. I had two years of college. It was very competitive back then. Nobody had hired since 1979. I didn't think I had a chance.... Everyone had a 4 yr degree or better. Way more experience than I did... etc... What's important to United is your work history, work ethic, and your ability to get along with those you will be working with. I submitted my application on a whim. Never thought I would be hired... Yet here I am, a senior 777 Captain years later. Do it. And good luck.
Quote: Don't be discouraged if you don't have the four year degree. I was hired 30+ years ago by United without the degree. I had two years of college. It was very competitive back then. Nobody had hired since 1979. I didn't think I had a chance.... Everyone had a 4 yr degree or better. Way more experience than I did... etc... What's important to United is your work history, work ethic, and your ability to get along with those you will be working with. I submitted my application on a whim. Never thought I would be hired... Yet here I am, a senior 777 Captain years later. Do it. And good luck.
Hired 30+ years ago and no one hired since 1979? That's a narrow time frame of some sketchy hiring.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to