Fleet Plan

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  21 
Page 11 of 44
Go to
Yea I want less windows. Getting sun blasted sucks. Plus cancer and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Yea I want less windows. Getting sun blasted sucks. Plus cancer and what not.
The windows look very much the same layout as the Embraer 170/190 series.

Like other modern aircraft (as in, not the 717/MD88/B737/B757/B767), there are nice retractable UV shades for the side windows.

You can see them in this picture:

http://www.airlinereporter.com/wp-co...1/IMG_7774.jpg

If the sun is really coming in you can always place a map or similar on the sunny side of the shade to block even more.

Nothing is more "greenhouse" than the totally absurd ceiling windows of the 717/MD88.
Quote: Nothing is more "greenhouse" than the totally absurd ceiling windows of the 717/MD88.
Absolutely. But then again, they had no concept of skin cancer in 1958.
Quote:
http://www.airlinereporter.com/wp-co...1/IMG_7774.jpg
I don't see a printer anywhere
Quote: Absolutely. But then again, they had no concept of skin cancer in 1958.
1958? I use to sit in the tandem cockpit of the B-52B at the AF Museum eating lunch, plotting my aviation career, I guess that 'splains all my sun splats...
Quote: 1958? I use to sit in the tandem cockpit of the B-52B at the AF Museum eating lunch, plotting my aviation career, I guess that 'splains all my sun splats...
Tex Johnston warned Boeing that Curtis LeMay would never accept tandem seating, and would demand "side-by-side" like the B-29.
The kindly General wanted his pilots to have shade.
Quote: I don't see a printer anywhere
It's got to be there.
But besides, CS might deploy paperless, like A350.
What's the big red (eject?) button for on each end of the glareshield?
Quote: What's the big red (eject?) button for on each end of the glareshield?
Those are the panic buttons. Both pilots must simultaneously press and hold for two seconds, in order to prevent a rogue pilot from launching an unauthorized panic.
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  21 
Page 11 of 44
Go to