Trans States Airlines New Bonus and Retention

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
$10K per pilot referral for one. Phone interview for two.

Quote: How does Mesa attract anyone these days? Their draw was always quick upgrade but now everyone has that.
Quote: Commutair has a bonus for all new hires, previous 121 gets you more, up to $15k.
You're right. Forgive my ignorance.
Add Horizon into its own category "Illegally Offering."
Quote: Add Horizon into its own category "Illegally Offering."
That's the way with most signing bonuses... pretty much all of them were/ are against contract.
Quote: That's the way with most signing bonuses... pretty much all of them were/ are against contract.
So, was the TSA incentive negotiated or simply decreed?
This is not just a recruiting tool. This is a contractual agreement with the company and the union. There are retention bonuses for those on property as well. We will know the full details in a couple days.
Quote: So which regionals are offering bonuses and which are not? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Offering:
PSA
Piedmont
Envoy
Endeavour
Go Jet
Trans States
Republic

Not Offering:
Mesa
Skywest
Compass
Horizon
AWAC

Unknown:
Expressjet
Skywest offers $7500 for prior jet type or 135 experience. Given out after completion of IOE.
Quote: Read the fine print for Mesa. 30k bonus paid out over 4years.Laughable.
You can get 20k bonus within the first 6 months plus retention bonus ,plus more than double the hourly rate at any of the WO"s right out the gate.So Mesa is still way behind everyone else.

I didn't say it was a *good* bonus.
They're just putting lipstick on a pig, ploshing a turd etc... most you fly with want to get out of here yesterday but 30k of theoretical money in 2 years is not bad.
So I’m one of the Compass guys that have been placed into the hiring pool. Initially I wanted to wait for Compass as I’m on the West Coast however there doesn’t seem to be much if any movement there. Being offered positions at either GoJets or TSA I was favoring GoJets because of the bonus and what I thought was a junior FO base in DEN. Now it seems looking at GoJets Den is senior and TSA is offering a much larger bonus and junior Den base. The money is not as important to me as a short commute, can anyone confirm junior bases at either for both FO and CA? Thank you in advance for any input. Lastly I have done my research and I’m well aware of the stigma of these two choices, I do have my own reasons.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to