Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Technical Technical aspects of flying
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2019, 08:21 PM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: FO
Posts: 20
Question AmSafe Crew Multi-point Restraint

Does anyone know if it is possible to release ONLY the shoulder harnesses points of contact on an AmSafe multi-point restraint cam without also unlatching the waist points?

And if so how?

Griffin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:25 PM   #2  
Disinterested Third Party
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin20 View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to release ONLY the shoulder harnesses points of contact on an AmSafe multi-point restraint cam without also unlatching the waist points?

And if so how?

On some it is.

I'm actually a certified AmSafe technician for the airbag restraints (some shoulder harnesses have air bags integral to the shoulder strap) and use them. Amsafe has a number of products; i don't represent them, but can speak to what I've installed and worked with; some do release the shoulder straps while retaining the lap and crotch straps, while others release all.
JohnBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:24 PM   #3  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 22,159
Default

The industry-typical method is a push tab on top of the buckle to release the shoulders only. In case you didn't know that.

I've never seen any other mechanism.
rickair7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:57 AM   #4  
Disinterested Third Party
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
The industry-typical method is a push tab on top of the buckle to release the shoulders only. In case you didn't know that.

I've never seen any other mechanism.
Depends on the assembly. Some turn part way to release the shoiulders, farther to release the rest. Others are hooker type harnesses with latch buckles; depends on the model and installation.
JohnBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:58 AM   #5  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 22,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Depends on the assembly. Some turn part way to release the shoiulders, farther to release the rest. Others are hooker type harnesses with latch buckles; depends on the model and installation.
Now that you mention it I do remember one that turned part-way to release the shoulders.
rickair7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:59 AM   #6  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: FO
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
On some it is.

I'm actually a certified AmSafe technician for the airbag restraints (some shoulder harnesses have air bags integral to the shoulder strap) and use them. Amsafe has a number of products; i don't represent them, but can speak to what I've installed and worked with; some do release the shoulder straps while retaining the lap and crotch straps, while others release all.
Appreciate that, thanks guys!
Griffin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American Flyers? Future SWA CAPT Flight Schools and Training 71 09-10-2016 06:33 PM
Logging Time CRMcaptain Flight Schools and Training 48 10-01-2014 06:38 PM
Are overseas regional airlines just as bad n287hg Regional 35 10-12-2009 06:40 AM
Nominee to head FAA vows renewed... mjarosz Regional 6 05-20-2009 05:05 AM
NTSB report from the Eagle BOS gear up problem ERJ135 Regional 19 07-17-2008 03:45 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:11 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1