Notices

Submit survey by August 5th

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 06:30 AM
Jorts and New Balance

Joined APC: Apr 2019
Position: Ready for the overnight
Default Submit survey by August 5th

Just a friendly reminder to submit your online survey before this Friday the 5th. The questions may be stupid, but at least at the end there are two text boxes to voice your opinion. The survey is what we wish we had before the Tumi TA came out, now we have our chance to tell them what we want. Don't squander this opportunity and hope that someone else voices your opinion.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: Pilot

What are the odds anyone is listening?

What are the odds if someone is listening, they have the ability to negotiate improvements?

I could not convey my thoughts adequately in the polling, so I sent my leadership a few emails. They were not well received.

My opinion, if the pilot group wants significant improvements it is going to take a lot more than polling.

It would be nice to not be cynical — but after many years on property it seems like the only realistic frame of mind. Seems like culturally UAL is headed back to it’s roots…
Old 08-04-2022, 04:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2022

They’re listening. Most of their positions depend on the success of TA2. I know it’s fun to go conspiracy-nuts and presume they have the exact opposite motives as we do… but it just doesn’t really work if you give it a little critical thought.

That doesn’t mean they’re perfectly aligned with hours, but what’s good for the gander is good for the goose(s) in this situation
Old 08-05-2022, 11:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Originally Posted by Chowdah View Post
They’re listening. Most of their positions depend on the success of TA2. I know it’s fun to go conspiracy-nuts and presume they have the exact opposite motives as we do… but it just doesn’t really work if you give it a little critical thought.

That doesn’t mean they’re perfectly aligned with hours, but what’s good for the gander is good for the goose(s) in this situation
Trust is a big issue. If the next offer is a home run it will pass. But if it’s anything short of that, our confidence that the NC got the best offer possible will be a relevant consideration. After promising us repeatedly that TA1 was the best we could get just days before AA management used their template for their opening offer, I’d say my confidence is in the neighborhood of zero.

I’ll vote on any offer based on its merits; but my sense is that for the current NC to continue on this contract negotiation without the confidence of the pilot group is a massive waste of time. They should recognize that & not waste any more time than they already have.