Search
Notices

C5 email Aug 11 2022

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 07:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

That narcissistic screed totally ignored the impact of inflation. And their Pollyanna-like pushing of "openers in 15 months," thereby implying the next contract would come quickly, reeks of disingenuousness or pure stupidity.

On one hand, they want you to take a crap deal because RECESSION! on the other hand, they want you to to take a crap deal because WE'LL GET ANOTHER ONE SOON! So which is it? If a recession is imminent, it will preclude a quick renegotiation. Fools.

Didn't former UALPA MEC chairman, they guy whose fingerprints are all over TA1 (and probably TA2 as well) also pooh-pooh the effects of inflation on pilots? That's the guy who wants to be in charge at National?

These people are toxic not only for United pilots, but for the whole industry. The arrogance of their thought process, made in a bubble and devoid of common sense, is the antithesis of unionism.

Then, while ignoring line pilots, they have the chutzpah to claim they are bottom-up unionists.

These guys are hurting every single US airline pilot. Please show the leadership and common sense they are incapable of delivering, and recall them.
Old 08-14-2022, 10:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by Giordano Bruno View Post
Didn't former UALPA MEC chairman, they guy whose fingerprints are all over TA1 (and probably TA2 as well) also pooh-pooh the effects of inflation on pilots? That's the guy who wants to be in charge at National?

These people are toxic not only for United pilots, but for the whole industry. The arrogance of their thought process, made in a bubble and devoid of common sense, is the antithesis of unionism.

Then, while ignoring line pilots, they have the chutzpah to claim they are bottom-up unionists.

These guys are hurting every single US airline pilot. Please show the leadership and common sense they are incapable of delivering, and recall them.
Yes. TI is on record saying pilot pay rates are “inflation proof.” He would be a disaster as national president.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 777 CA

Originally Posted by Red Swingline View Post
Yes. TI is on record saying pilot pay rates are “inflation proof.” He would be a disaster as national president.
He was a disaster as UAL’s MC why would it get any better as national president? Unprecedented 3 terms and all he did was completely divide this pilot group with LOAs and MOUs.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by jerryleber View Post
Todd Insler and the Toddlers broke ALPA. The company is just taking advantage of it.

That's not the way elections work and that absurd Toddler talking point is getting tired.
I’m certainly not an apologist for the current MEC or it’s officers, not by a long shot. That said, to personalize ALPA business is a mistake IMO.

I agree that we should all be assured that company will take full advantage of this ALPA ****show.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2022
Position: 787 FO

Originally Posted by awax View Post
That said, to personalize ALPA business is a mistake IMO.
I couldn't agree more, but that is what Insler did in creating his Toddler cult of personality and placing his personal self-interests (1st Class Travel, ALPA Presidential aspirations, etc.) well above the interests of the pilots he supposedly represented.

Last edited by jerryleber; 08-22-2022 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I couldn't agree more, but that is what Insler did in creating his Toddler cult of personality and placing in personal self-interests (1st Class Travel, ALPA Presidential aspirations, etc.) well above the interests of the pilots he supposedly represented.
100% truth. He required 100% fealty to him above all else. Surrounded himself with yes men. That’s how bad deals happen. The proof is in the pudding, err Tumi….
Old 08-22-2022, 02:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2022
Position: 787 FO

From another forum.

I had a good discussion with TC (ALPA National attorney) today.

Basically, they are waiting for the S/T Phil Wenzel to send the ballots into National so they can send the recall ballot out.

Historically S/Ts have FedEx’d them the day after the meeting. Nobody seems to know if Wenzel has sent the ballots. The officers are not responding to anyone on the prevailing side. My view is that if Wenzel plays games he will go down in ALPA history as something not very good. But this is exactly what so many of us have been experiencing for the last six years. This is not a surprise.

Before the meeting started I talked to Wenzel. In as sympathetic and kind a tone as I could muster I suggested to him the hundreds of pilots lined up were not there to help him. I suggested that in retrospect, in 1997, when our council was involved in a recall, that I should have resigned. It was not worth putting the council through the turmoil. At the end of the day I was recalled by a vote of 103 to 99. It was really close. Nothing like Council 5. And it was basically a dispute over trading the 50 seat regional jets for about $80 million in pension restitution for a small group of pilots. I was not against that, but I didn’t believe we should trade the RJs for it.

So when I suggested to Wenzel that he should consider resigning and not putting the council through this mess, he said, “You know what happens if I resign right now?”

I said, “No, what?”

He pointed at the ballots and other documents and said, “These are mine. I take these and they’re mine.”

I said, “No, they belong to ALPA, to the pilots.”

He said, “NO, they are mine! I leave with them.”

I said, “Get a hold of yourself, Phil. Don’t be a child.”

So this is what Council 5 is dealing with.

Meanwhile here is the timeline:

There are two Election Ballot Certification Committees (EBCB) coming up; 9/9, and 10/10.

If ALPA National receives the ballots from Wenzel by August 26th, they can get the recall ballots out to the council and they will have the 15 days required and will be able to be counted on 9/9. This will allow us time to have a special meeting to elect interim officers and be represented at the BOD in October.

If Wenzel plays games and does not get the ballots to National by 8/26, they will hopefully go out sometime soon and can be counted on 10/10, but that will not leave enough time to elect interim reps for the BOD. Council 5 will go unrepresented. This would be disgusting on the part of the current reps.

According to TC (ALPA attorney), nobody can appoint interim reps after a recall, they must be elected in a special meeting.

Over the years every time we try to hold Johnson and McCullough accountable for their actions, such as the Article VIII hearings in which their testimony was found “not credible,” by the Hearing Board, Johnson always rants to the council that we are costing the Association money. It’s stunning how he dismisses being held to a higher standard because it “costs money.” But he has not problem putting the Association through a recall - talk about costing us all unnecessary money, when it is obvious they are going to be recalled. It speaks to their arrogance and their propensity to put themselves before the pilots. Surprised? Right.

So here we all sit, waiting. The Council 5 officers are not communicating. The ALPA National VP of Admin is not communicating.

The lack of professionalism is unparalleled. It all starts at the top.

Last edited by BobbyLeeSwagger; 08-22-2022 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

So when I suggested to Wenzel that he should consider resigning and not putting the council through this mess, he said, “You know what happens if I resign right now?”

I said, “No, what?”

He pointed at the ballots and other documents and said, “These are mine. I take these and they’re mine.”

I said, “No, they belong to ALPA, to the pilots.”

He said, “NO, they are mine! I leave with them.”

I said, “Get a hold of yourself, Phil. Don’t be a child.”
Oh no! If word of this gets out it could harm people's trust in our democratic process. Please delete your post immediately.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by fadec View Post
Oh no! If word of this gets out it could harm people's trust in our democratic process. Please delete your post immediately.
There is no democratic process until Insler gets his crack at the show.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by JoePatroni View Post
There is no democratic process until Insler gets his crack at the show.
100% this. They are trying to preserve their ability to vote for their king. It’s all that matters to the UAL MEC right now.